Rivers in the Desert

[???]

(Joker remains laying on the floor from underwater, unconscious. He slowly shifts back into his normal form.)

Ren: .....

.....

.....

.....

(His heart then makes a thump, as his eyes quickly opened up.)

Ren: !

(Aoyama, who is on the battlefield, walking his way to Nyx.)

Aoyama: .....

(Nyx suddenly lets out a glow, signaling danger. Catching Aoyama's attention, he becomes alarmed.)

Aoyama: !?- What's wrong!?-

(A large explosion of water appears behind them, followed by a deafening boom. Aoyama quickly looks his way, seeing a large amount of water, splashing into the air.)

Aoyama: !?

(The water then slowly falls down, splattering near the edge of the large platform as the rest fall through back to where they were, creating a wall of water. Aoyama's eyes follow with suspicion, watching the water slowly go away.)

Aoyama: .....

.....

(As all the water finally drops back down, it revealed a drenched Ren who has appeared standing afar. Aoyama's eyes alarmingly widened in disbelief.)

Aoyama: !?-..... What!?

Ren: *huff*.....*huff*.....

(Ren, seeing Aoyama and Nyx far away from him while catching his breath, slowly limps his way to them.)

Ren: *huff*..... *huff*..... AOYAMAA!

(Aoyama hears Ren's yell, echoing all the way to where he is. He clenches his fist and jaw out from anger and annoyance, seeing Ren approached him as he sustains his wounds.)

Aoyama: You...... just don't know when is enough.

Ren: *huff*.....

(The two glare at each other as soon as Ren is about to near. The latter's blood and sweat slowly drip down on his face.)

Ren: *huff*...... Yeah..... *smirk.*

(Aoyama suddenly receives a pain in his head as his ears ring.)

Aoyama: Ngh!-

(He quickly puts his hand to his head as the pain lingers while looking Ren. Suddenly, he sees flashes of Makoto Yuki before him.)

Aoyama: What!? I-..... impossible!

Ren: *huff*..... *huff*.....