Chapter 33

Ryleigh was up early the next morning, eating breakfast in the kitchen and fantasising about her kiss with Rory the night before. She really loved it; her cheeks burned thinking about it.

Everyone begins to awaken from their profound slumber, eating breakfast, and she inquires about Ester's collaboration with Elliot, which appears to be going well. After their catch up, Rory makes his way down worse for were, his hood up and jogging bottoms laying loose on his waist. He slept in because he didn't want to wake up from his dreams, filled with longings for Ryleigh.

Rory was left wanting more after their kiss. He approaches her and leans his head on her shoulder, fatigued as he is. She didn't mind his presence and gave him a friendly pat on the cheek. He provides a warm smile.

They were all ecstatic to be attending the awards event, and the girls went shopping for their gowns. However, the expensive labels on the dresses worry Ryleigh, who believes she will never be able to pull them off.

The other girls felt they'd died and gone to heaven, and they ultimately chose the one they liked best. Ester notices she's having trouble and rushes to her aid.

'Why don't you wear this one?' Ryleigh tilts her head at Ester as she pulls out a black velvet outfit. She had her eye on that one, but she assumed Kaylin would take it. Still looking indecisive, Ester huffed.

'You're wearing it.'

'Thanks, Ester.' Ryleigh smiles at her.

•·················•·················•

Later in the evening, the boys had their suits on and were ready to leave. While they waited for the girls, they decided to have a beer.

The girls made their way downstairs one by one, starting with Kaylin, dressed in a two-piece dress. Her cleavage sprang out because the crop top was too snug across her chest. Her long skirt was see-through with half a bodysuit concealing her underneath, and her blue hair curled. Then came Ester, dressed in a light yellow silk gown that suited her perfectly in every curve and had her hair up like a bride's.

Ryleigh examined herself in the mirror and was still considering changing. This wasn't like any other dress she'd worn before, not even the one she'd worn to the club; this one was delicate. A statement perhaps, and she was the product advertising the artists' masterpiece. But whatever way she turned, nothing seemed out of place and "Fitted like a glove", as she put it.

'Come on, Ry. We're waiting.' She heard Ester calling her. She took a deep breath and descended the stairwell. 'There she is.'

Her arms were covered by the silky black velvet gown, which had a front net around her collarbone and sides of her legs. The back was bare, stooping at the top of her tail bone. Her golden locks twisted and fell to one shoulder. It was lovely, even though it was black.

Rory couldn't stop staring at her, and he couldn't believe how stunning and dangerously attractive she was.

She was on her way down, accompanied by a mini-train, and when she arrived on the ground floor, she met his eyes.

'You look amazing.' He tells her.

'Not so bad yourself.' Her eyes sparkle with her Smokey eye make-up as she replies. Her veins rushed as she noticed his tattoos pop through his neck from his buttoned-up shirt, all black. His suit is dark and vibrant, with dark forest green embroidery that gleams when the light hits it.

'Car's here. Let's go.' Elliot calls out.

Rory extended his arm, and she linked hers as they walked to the car.