Chapter 46

The journey to the studio for filming got shorter with time. Sitting on the minibus, which now seemed too big, they had the paired seats to themselves. The temptation to sit next to each other was out of the question.

Rory would purposely use his closest hand to clasp Ryleigh's hand with hers and stroke the palm of her hand with his thumb. He has been doing that when they are eating breakfast at the kitchen island and concealing their hands beneath it.

In exchange, Ryleigh would get his leather jacket and tuck a flirtatious or humorous letter inside each pocket for him to find. She then approaches him to fix his jacket to him while giving him a sultry smile.

Everybody was ready as they stood in a line, ready for the judges to explain the next task.

'Ok, we all have our careers, but at the same time, we always want to collaborate too. So we want to know how you would all work in a team.' Marcus said. 'For this challenge, you will all work together to create a song showing off your best parts and how you work together too.'

'Remember, though. This is still on individual elimination.' Bruce clarifies.

Although they are all excited to be working together, they are also a rivalry toward one another. They announced "cut", and Kelsie gave her the schedule while giving her a look of knowing what the plan should have been. The idea was to keep herself busy to get away from Rory; now, she'll have to work with him.

'This is going to be harder than I thought.' Ryleigh tells her.

•·················•·················•

They sit around the table, pitching ideas about what they could sing. In the end, they'd decided to write what their fans would love; having a good time without letting anything bother you.

Overall, each person had their talents to bring.

Rory can rap. Elliot, Jayden, and Ryleigh are talented singers, while Ashton excels at screaming. They took time on the chorus, which needed to be their best part.

Once they had that sorted, they each went away to their space and wrote their verse.

But first, Ryleigh needed to do her gym workout because she preferred to do that first. When she returned, Rory was there to greet her.

'Hey, you're back.' He calls from the living room, getting up from the couch. 'Good workout?'

'Yeah, at least the trainer let me-is that my guitar?' She says.

He shrugged, 'Needed to borrow it, as Jayden took the studio one.'

'Ah, right.'

'Don't worry. It's been taken care of. Re-tuned it a little...' Rory then stood that one step too closer, not caring about her sweaty face. '...What sucks is that this is the closest thing I have to touching you.'

Ryleigh then leans that little more. 'You're lucky I'll let you hold my hand under the kitchen table in the mornings.' She teases, 'I could just...let my hand run freely else were...'

'I'm a very lucky man if you do so.'

She laughs, 'Soon.' Responding seductively. Quickly making her escape, she announces, 'I'm off for a shower.'

Rory watches her go up the stairs, and without hesitating, he decides to follow her.

As Ryleigh starts to take her top off, showing her sports bra, she turns to see Rory leaning against the door.