Chapter 4

It didn't seem like home anymore when she saw the massive gates open and saw a huge estate that looked like it belonged in Beverly Hills. The producer summoned them as they exited the bus, informing them that the camera would be rolling on them once more, with cameras and microphones placed up throughout the home, hearing and listening to everything said and seen. They wanted to see their surprise upon seeing their new home at this specific moment.

As the double dark wood doors opened, Ryleigh's jaw fell, displaying high ceilings, a double staircase, and a big kitchen with an island with a 65-inch television. There's no way they would be living here, as this looks like a celebrity residence. Hidden away, there were more rooms, a studio with instruments, a gym, and a pool, the girls shared a room, and the boys had their room next door.

She walked into the girls' room, which had floor-to-ceiling windows with views of Los Angeles. Each had a double bed with a lovely white duvet, a dress stand, and a closet labelled with their names. This one room was nearly the same size as the whole first floor of her home.

Once the house tour was over, the filming stopped, and Kelsie went to see her.

'This is so cool.' Ryleigh had to pinch herself to make sure she wasn't dreaming.

'It's good, huh? Ok, so now you have seen the house, you guys are all having a party tonight, and I think there was another top I think you should change too.'

Ryleigh lowered her gaze to her clothes. 'Can I not wear these?'

'No, you've been in them for most of the day. Change you up a bit for the evening shoot and add some blue eyeshadow too.' She begins tapping on her phone, making notes, 'I'll call you tomorrow. Give me a buzz if you need anything. Oh, and take some pictures.'

As Kelsie walks away, Ryleigh scratches her head on why she needs to change and dress up for an indoor party.

She returns to the second floor to unpack her luggage and look at her phone. No missed calls or texts from Russell. He may be waiting for her to connect to the internet so they can chat, so she got up to find the router.

As she wanders in the hallway, Rory walks past, exchanging glances. Again, he showed no smile, but his dark brown eyes were friendly. Ryleigh caught her breath quickly, and her chest tightened in a way she hadn't experienced before. He strolled past without looking away, and as soon as their backs were turned, behaving like that scared her. It had to be how he delivered his performance because she remembers it the most.

Once she found the wi-fi password and logged in, she texted him but forgot about the time zone differences. Her home was eight hours ahead, and it's 5 pm here, so he'll be asleep. She had a few from her work colleagues who wished her luck and her parents questioning her choice.

Her parents almost talked her out of going, and why would she want fifteen minutes of fame on t.v? It never occurred to them because she showed no signs of being on television or acting. They didn't think becoming famous was "realistic", and that simple, uncomplicated life would be better.

The following evening, the remaining girls dressed up in short, tight dresses with hair extensions. Kelsie suggested she wear her white cami top tucked into her skinny jeans, but not too tight, a blue lumberjack shirt wrapped around her waist, black battle boots, and blue eyeshadow. She added thickness to her hair by brushing it and shaping it with her fingertips.

It only took her less than fifteen minutes to get herself ready. While waiting on her bed, she glanced around and noticed Ester, dressed in a black dress with purple roses and her natural waves cascading beyond her shoulders. They all looked like the underdog celebrities they'd eventually become, but Ryleigh depressed herself by believing she'd never be the part. No one would vote for her, and she'll be the first one out.