Chapter 54

It's the final, and she is ready to give it her all. Entering the studio room one more time, she thought this would be her last stop here and that it would become a hazy memory. She stands next to Elliot and addresses the judges for the last time. A little lump formed in her throat.

'Bet you're all tired seeing our faces.' Bruce says and makes them giggle, 'So, this is the final.'

'Yes, so we want you to write two songs. It's your last chance to go out with a bang.' Marcus encourages them.

'This is your final chance to show the world what you are made of.' Aimee adds.

Ryleigh nods with determination. The encouragement started a fire in her belly. No more second guessing and worrying; it was the final, and her future was in steak. She had to win, and it wasn't to prove to anyone as she previously believed. But to show that she is capable of doing this. She has musical talent and a nice added touch, "Rockstar" persona to go with it.

After the filming, she goes and sees Kelsie.

'This is it, the final time.' Kelsie says, excited for Ryleigh.

'I know, then it'll be all over.' She did seem upset about it.

'It's not over yet. Go get 'em.' Kelsie winks at her. 'Oh, I think we should go shopping one last time. What do you say?' Ryleigh nodded and laughed when she saw it being put on her schedule.

She snaps a photo for Rory to see what she's up to and with space for them to have face time call. She was grateful that Kelsie could manage her workload for the entire week without feeling overworked.

Ryleigh spent the afternoon wandering the house and focusing on her creative ideas. She needed something strong, powerful and unique from her other two competitors. She had her advantages with the long note hold, her daring lyrics and now some screamo; Ryleigh had to go big with everything if she wanted to stand a chance of coming first place.

The room she walked into was the studio, where all the instruments were laid out. Ryleigh looks over at the piano and remembers Rory's sequence. Walking over to try for herself, she imagines Rory sitting there while she observes how his finger moves across the keys. She hums the melody, hits each note precisely on time, and begins the song's first line. Rory created the dynamite and inspiration she wanted and will make it her last song of the night. He hopes he'll remember teaching her and knowing it's for him.

•·················•·················•

Two days in, she put a lot of effort into improving her tracks. She wanted to make it tragic but meaningful, all about how this has changed her mentally. A means to express to her friends and family how she has felt about not being herself for years.

All of this has turned into an emotional rollercoaster in her head since she met Rory. He has made her believe that she can do this whether she wins or not. And in addition to Kelsie for informing her about the possibilities for working with other artists. But it's not over yet, and a new chapter—a new life in Los Angeles—is just beginning.

Ryleigh wrote her first song and changed many things back and forth, and she is thankful the band is helpful and reasonable. The producer who controls the sounds agreed with her when she raised a few concerns and proposed to change the approach. However, her lyrics held an important purpose, and she became a perfectionist.

'Ry, take a break.' Kelsie said.

'I...I don't want to...' Ryleigh responded, trying not to act like a diva.

'I'm only saying for ten minutes. Get some fresh air....' She pushes Ryleigh gently to the door, '...and maybe call someone if you need to.' Kelsie opens the door. She nodded and left.