Chapter 30

A new week started with a new challenge. When everyone arrived in the studio room, the contestants took their places opposite the judges.

Ryleigh purposely had her hands in her pockets to hide her hands. She told Kelsie about it before they started filming and warned her that it would make the news, and she's prepared for it.

'So the next challenge is going to be a little different.' Bruce says to them. 'We've seen what you can do on your own, so what happens if you need to work together.'

'As couches, we will pair you up with each one on your teams and see if you can make the perfect duo song and learn to work well with others. We all like to have other artists featured in our songs, and by doing this may expose some new opportunities.' Marcus continues.

They seemed surprised and wondered who they'll be paired with. After that, they move into different rooms with their couches to be filmed pairing up. Ryleigh follows Marcus with Rory, Blake and Ashton.

'I'm glad I've still got my four.' Marcus says to them, which makes them all smile. 'You all have great techniques, and bringing them together would make a kick-ass song.' He continues, 'So I'm putting together Blake and Ashton and Rory with Ryleigh...' She gives a friendly smile to her partner, and he does the same '...Rory and Ryleigh step forward.' And listen to his instruction. 'So the reason I put you two together is because of how opposite you both are, but I can see that this can attract in a way like no other. I am looking forward to seeing what you guys bring.'

After filming, she meets up with Kelsie, and she notices a spark in Ryleigh's eyes.

'Oh, someone's excited.' She mocked Ryleigh.

'I am buzzing with ideas right now.' She tells her. But before Kelsie could say anything else, Josh and Rory approached them, and Kelsie's face changed entirely, turning bashful and flushed in the cheeks. Ryleigh noticed her transformation and was amazed by how much she liked him.

'Hey, Josh.' Kelsie said.

'Hey, you've given her schedule?' Josh nervously asks her.

'Of course.' She responds nervously. Then, they made it feel like they were the only two in the room as they silently gazed at one another. They see the spark ignite in Josh too. Rory coughed softly for them to stop staring at each other. It appeared to have worked, and Kelsie broke the chain.

'Good luck to you both. I- I mean, we can't wait to hear it.' She says.

'I can't wait to work on this one. Partner.' Rory says as he looks at Ryleigh, and she can't help but grin happily.

After figuring out who was partnered with whom, they all returned to the house. Ryleigh was eager to get started, but Rory preferred to take things slowly and not rush it, as he believes that's when songs aren't at their best.

'But you least have an idea, right?' Ryleigh quizzes him.

'I have a few. Let's get all our ideas down, and we'll share them tomorrow.'

'Deal.'