Chapter 44

Rory begins to awaken dazedly, wondering whether he can sneak out and climb into her bed. He ought to because he is sick of Ashton's constant snoring. After today, Ryleigh will be alone in the girls' room once Ester is gone. He misses her terribly every hour he is apart from her.

Her touch makes his skin tingle like warm, prickly heat, such as the sun on a hot summer day, as he recalls their kiss and how delicious she tasted.

When he was out of his daydreaming, he pulled out his phone and sent a text message.

She tries her hardest not to have any more sex fantasies about him, but she dreams of being in his arms. Then, finally, Ryleigh wakes up in response to the vibration at her bedside and reads the message.

"Morning, I can't stop thinking about you. xxx"

She grins at his text and decides to take a picture laying on her pillow with a message back,

"I wish you were here Xxx"

He wants to get out of bed right now and be with her. She smiles at the camera while lying in bed. As the love in her eyes spoke for itself, it was something he could wake up to every morning. Rory decides to follow suit and sends a photo,

"I can't wait xxx"

She gasped at the picture and felt her skin heat up as he snuggled into his bedsheets with one of his arms showing off his tattoos. She had a thought.

"Is your phone on silent? Xxx"

"Yes, it is. Why? xxx"

When Rory sees Ryleigh's request for a video chat on his phone, he responds. She puts her finger to her lips and signals for silence. She exudes happiness, and he returns it. They both imagine what it will be like to be in bed with the other, breathing one other's morning breaths and having his thumb gently trace her cheeks while they stare at one another.

When Ryleigh heard Ester moving, the illusion was short-lived; she put her phone down and cut off the connection. Rory was initially confused, but she later texted him to explain that she would meet him downstairs.

Ryleigh exhaled a breath of relief after rewatching last night's performance. Nothing about their feelings for one another wasn't too obvious, but throughout watching, they've been given each other the look of hungriness of wanting their skin and bodies to touch.

While assisting Ester with packing her belongings, Ryleigh asked her what she'll do next after this.

'I'm not sure, but I defiantly want to work with a band and go on tour. I don't mind not being the centre of attention. As long as I get to play live every night.'

'With your keyboard skills, they will be desperate to have a great asset like you.'

Ester smiled at her compliment. 'Good luck with it, Ry. You're going to kill it.'

'I'll try my best.' Ryleigh helped with her bags and hugged her goodbye when they made their way to the car.

As the car drove away, everyone who was left living in the house walked back in.

'Last girl standing.' Elliot called out to Ryleigh.

'I know, it's scary.' She replied.

They opted to unwind by the pool for the remainder of the day. However, the producers called Rory and Ryleigh over for a discussion before they could get ready.

Ryleigh understood what was going on even before they said a word. She became nervous, and her chest clenched as she anticipated the confrontation and the interrogation. She observed Rory, who appeared unconcerned about anything. If he isn't worried, then neither should she.