𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍. 𝒂𝒓𝒈𝒖𝒆𝒎𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒔

sᴏɴɢ ᴀʙᴏᴠᴇ ʜᴀs ᴛᴏ ᴅᴏ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ

Alec's Outfit:

☀︎︎𐬺⁂☆彡CHAPTER ELEVEN{ᴀʀɢᴜᴇᴍᴇɴᴛs}————————————

☀︎︎𐬺⁂☆彡
CHAPTER ELEVEN
{ᴀʀɢᴜᴇᴍᴇɴᴛs}
————————————

☀︎︎𐬺⁂☆彡CHAPTER ELEVEN{ᴀʀɢᴜᴇᴍᴇɴᴛs}————————————

————————————
"ʏᴏᴜ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ɴᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴀʙᴏᴜᴛ ᴍᴇ."
☀︎︎𐬺⁂☆彡

RESEARCHING was something difficult for Alec to do, but it was his favorite part about doing projects. It's difficult for him because of his dyslexia to understand and read everything. But he loved doing it because of all the things he learned about whatever he was researching. When Alec's dyslexia did get in the way of his research, his teachers always helped him out if something was wrong. But usually, before even handing in his projects, he always had one of his grandparents overlook the work to make sure it made sense.

Alec's family, the school faculties, and Jeremiah were the only ones to know about his dyslexia. It wasn't that Alec was ashamed of it. He just knew how teenagers were. And if the kids at school found out about it, they would tease him endlessly. The team already usually made comments about the fact that Alec was so into school and learned he could imagine how they would be if they knew he had dyslexia. Alec didn't want that, so he kept it a secret from everyone at school.

But the project for World History was proving to Alec that dyslexia sucked. He was at May's house again, working on their project on Japan. He sat on her bed with his notebook on his lap and his laptop in front of him. Alec was looking at some little facts about the country and writing them down. But he was having trouble reading a specific passage as he couldn't understand it. As Alec stared at the screen, the words started to jumble around. Trying to focus on the words, Alex began to gain a headache from staring at the screen too long.

BEIN' WITH ME GOT A LOT OF UPSIDES NOW
GOT A LOT OF UPSIDES NOW

"Are you okay?" May asked, seeing that Alec was rubbing his temples.

"Yeah, just a headache," Alec said, sighing. "Staring at the screen too long. I'm good."

"You sure?"

"Yeah, I am. Just gonna take a break from looking at the screen." Alec said, shutting his laptop. Alec let out a small groan and laid back on May's bed, rubbing his eyes.

"Sure you're good? We can continue this another day." May said, and Alec sat up, leaning on his elbows and looking at the girl.

Alec smiled, feeling his heart beat fast, hearing May's concern for him. "I'm okay, really."

"Sure, this isn't an excuse to get out of doing work?" May said, giving Alec a smug smile.

NO MATTER WHAT I SAY, SHE GON' TAKE IT WRONG

"I've told you before that I do actually enjoy school," Alec said, sitting all the way up.

"Well, excuse me for still not believing a jock like yourself likes even going to school," May said, looking back to her notebook.

Alec stayed silent, not sure what to say about May's comment. He thought she was passed him being a stereotypical jock who hated school. They had talked about it and had even started a small friendship. Alec didn't know what to say to the girl he enjoyed spending time with.

"Why do you keep saying that?" Alec asked, making May look at him.

"Saying what?"

I HEAR YOU GOTTA BATTLE WITH BALANCE AND PARANOIA
JUST THE PART OF ME THAT'S TRYIN' TO GET TO KNOW YA

"That I'm like every stereotypical jock you see in moves or tv shows that hate school. I like school. I've told you this before." Alec said, getting a little defensive.

"I didn't mean anything by it. It was just a joke, Alec." May said, shrugging.

Alec sighed, "Maybe to you, but I already get enough shit from my friends about enjoying school. I don't need it from you too."

"Yeah, that's 'cause your friends are the type to do that stuff," May says.

"They are, but I thought you weren't. Yet here you are still making those comments." Alec asked her, getting a little angry.

"I'm sorry, Alec. It's just...you're a popular guy who's captain of the football team. How could I not think about you like that?" May said, and Alec shook his head.

AND I REMEMBER IT WAS HATEFUL, BUT YOU SAID IT
AND I AIN'T GONNA HOLD ON TO IT, WON'T USE IT FOR LEVERAGE

"You know, I thought you were cool, but I guess not. I may be popular and captain of the football team, but I'm not a walking stereotype." Alec said and stood up, packing his stuff up. "But of course, you don't know that because you don't know me. You know nothing about me." He finished putting his bag on his back.

"Alec, come on," May said, but Alec walked out of her room, and she rushed after him. "Alec!"

"You guys okay?" Athena asked, hearing the commotion, and she and Michael came out of the kitchen. Alec ignored her, just thinking about leaving as he went towards the front door.

"Alec, come on. I'm sorry. I should've said that to you." May said, and Alec turned to her.

"But you did, May. And it hurts that you still think of me that way. I thought we were becoming friends." Alec said, shaking his head with a hurt expression on his face.

"We are friends."

Alec sighed, "Some friend you are."

BEIN' WITH ME GOT A LOT OF UPSIDES NOW
GOT A LOT OF UPSIDES NOW

With that, Alec exited the house without another word. He was hurt that May still thought of him like that. At first, he could understand why she felt like that in the beginning, but they were somewhat friends now. Alec thought she saw him in a different light to not think of him like that.

Alec drove home feeling heartbroken, and he didn't know why it hurt so much.

A/N:
sorry.