𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄. 𝒅𝒂𝒕𝒆 𝒏𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕

sᴏɴɢ ᴀʙᴏᴠᴇ ʜᴀs ᴛᴏ ᴅᴏ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ

Alec's Outfit:

☀︎︎𐬺⁂☆彡CHAPTER FIVE{ᴅᴀᴛᴇ ɴɪɢʜᴛ}———————————

☀︎︎𐬺⁂☆彡
CHAPTER FIVE
{ᴅᴀᴛᴇ ɴɪɢʜᴛ}
———————————

———————————"ʏᴏᴜ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ɴᴏ ɪᴅᴇᴀ ʜᴏᴡ ᴍᴜᴄʜ ɪ'ᴠᴇ ᴍɪssᴇᴅ ʙᴇɪɴɢ ᴡɪᴛʜ ʏᴏᴜ

———————————
"ʏᴏᴜ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ɴᴏ ɪᴅᴇᴀ ʜᴏᴡ ᴍᴜᴄʜ ɪ'ᴠᴇ ᴍɪssᴇᴅ ʙᴇɪɴɢ ᴡɪᴛʜ ʏᴏᴜ."
☀︎︎𐬺⁂☆彡

HOME SWEET HOME. That was all Alec was thinking now that he was home and out of lockdown at USC. He was with his family again, not having to worry about how they were as he wasn't near them. He felt more relaxed and at peace. And so did JJ, who quickly fit in with Alec and his family.

It's now September, and the world is slowly opening up. The streets of Los Angeles were filled with people again with masks, of course. Everyone was doing better now they could leave their houses.

Alec and JJ were taking online classes, as was Jeremiah, from the comfort of their own homes. May was still in her gap year, now working as a 911 dispatcher with Maddie, Buck's older sister, training her. Athena had fully recovered from her attack and was ready to return to work, but May had told Alec that she was worried about her mom.

She didn't think she was ready for work again, and she couldn't talk to Athena about it because Athena was upset that May wasn't going to college. But the mother and daughter talked it out, and they were okay now. But other than that, Alec's life has been okay despite the pandemic.

Since the lockdown was letting up and people could go out now, Alec wanted to bring May on a date. They couldn't do much without wearing a mask, but Alec knew as long he was with May, he'd be fine. All he wanted was to spend time with his girlfriend, no matter the conditions of the world.

OH, I'M OBSESSED
WITH THE WAY YOUR HEAD IS LAYING ON MY CHEST
HOW YOU LOVE THE THINGS I HATE ABOUT MYSELF THAT NO ONE KNOWS
BUT WITH YOU, I SEE HOPE AGAIN

"You have no idea how much I've missed being with you," Alec told May as they lay on the beach watching the sunset.

"I've missed you too," May said with a bright smile before leaning up and giving him a quick kiss. "I've missed this. Just being in your arms."

Alec smiled, hearing her say that, and held her tighter. At this moment, Alec wanted to utter the three words. He tried to tell May how he felt, but the fear crept up on him, and the doubt was in the back of his head. Telling him that there was no way she'd feel the same. So he held her as they watched the sunset on the shoreline.

OH, I'M A MESS
WHEN I OVERTHINK THE LITTLE THINGS IN MY HEAD
YOU SEEM TO ALWAYS HELP ME CATCH MY BREATH, BUT THEN LOSE IT AGAIN
WHEN I LOOK AT YOU, THAT'S THE END

"Do you think everything will be okay? You know, with the pandemic and stuff?" Alec asked, and May sighed.

"I'm not sure. I want to hope so." May said.

"Go back to our normal lives before all this happened. That would be nice." Alec said, and May nodded.

"That would be nice."

Alec chuckled, "Though that would mean I'd be back in the dorms and wouldn't be able to see you all the time." He said, making May laugh.

"That's true. I don't know if I can handle that again. I missed you way too much while you were there." May said, sitting up from Alec's arm and facing him.

"I missed you too. But now here we are in each other's arms again." Alec smiled, and May smiled back before they leaned in and connected their lips.

The kiss was slow and sensual, conveying their feelings for each other. As they continued, the kiss got more and more heated. Alec wrapped his arms around May's waist, pulling her closer to him. May's legs were wrapped around Alec, and she wrapped her arms around his shoulders and began playing with the nap of his hair.

Kissing May and having her this close to him, Alec wanted nothing more than to gain the confidence to tell her. Tell her that he loved her so much it hurt. But Alec being Alec, he was overthinking, making him push away his feelings for her. He was going down the same path he did when he was contemplating telling May he liked her.

He needed to tell her knew that.

He wanted to tell her.

But his head was telling him otherwise.

May pulled away from the kiss, first needing to breathe, and laid her head on his. Alec took a deep breath, basking in the moment he and May were together, not wanting to let her go. He pulled away, wanting to tell her. He looked into her eyes as she smiled, and he grew too nervous. Looking into her eyes made Alec nervous, and he had no idea why. He could feel the butterflies in his stomach as she looked at him with big brown eyes.

AND WHY DO I GET SO NERVOUS WHEN I LOOK INTO YOUR EYES?
BUTTERFLIES CAN'T STOP ME FALLING FOR YOU

May giggled, "What?" She asked as Alec smiled when he looked at her.

"How can you still make me nervous even though we're together?" Alec asked her, and May smiled.

"I guess I just have that effect on you," May said, leaning closer to Alec, who smirked.

"Is that so?" Alec questioned, and May nodded.

"Yup. And it'll affect you forever." May said.

"Forever?" Alec asked, and May blushed a little before nodding. "I like the sound of that."

"Do you now?"

Alec nodded, "Yes, I do." Alec said, then pulled May in for another kiss.

Even though the date was simple, with Alec and May just watching the sunset, it was perfect for them. They had each other enough for them to have a good time. Spending time together was all they wanted, no matter how they did it.

AND, DARLING, THIS IS MORE THAN ANYTHING I'VE FELT BEFORE
YOU'RE EVERYTHING THAT I WANTED BUT DIDN'T THINK I'D FIND
SOMEONE WHO WAS WORTH THE WAIT OF ALL THE YEARS OF MY HEARTBREAK
BUT I KNOW NOW I'VE FOUND THE ONE I LOVE

But Alec was a little disappointed with himself for not being able to confess to May how much he loved her. The voices in his head were loud, telling him she didn't feel the same. Alec knew not to listen to them and tell her, but they were too loud not to listen to. But hearing May say forever quoted them down a lot.

So maybe Alec will stop overthinking and tell May he loves her.