𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐎𝐍𝐄. 𝒓𝒆𝒈𝒓𝒆𝒕

sᴏɴɢ ᴀʙᴏᴠᴇ ʜᴀs ᴛᴏ ᴅᴏ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ

Alec's Outfit:

☀︎︎𐬺⁂☆彡CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE{ʀᴇɢʀᴇᴛ}———————————————

☀︎︎𐬺⁂☆彡
CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE
{ʀᴇɢʀᴇᴛ}
———————————————

☀︎︎𐬺⁂☆彡CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE{ʀᴇɢʀᴇᴛ}———————————————

———————————————
"ɪ ꜰᴇᴇʟ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴀɴ ɪᴅɪᴏᴛ."
☀︎︎𐬺⁂☆彡

REGRET wasn't something Alec felt a lot. He's never really regretted anything in his life so far. He has always been sure of what he wants and does. But now Alec was feeling regret times ten. Since the almost kiss with May, Alec has felt nothing but regret. He regrets not kissing her sooner. He regrets not just grabbing her face after his call with his grandmother and kissing her straight on. Alec couldn't believe he had let this opportunity pass him by.

Alec had told Jeremiah about what happened when he returned home. And his friends ripped him a new one. He was yelling at Alec through text about missing his chance making Alec feel even worse about the situation. As he lay in bed, Alec stared at the ceiling in defeat, wishing he could go back in time.

I KEEP PLAYING INSIDE MY HEAD
ALL THAT YOU SAID TO ME
I LIE AWAKE JUST TO CONVINCE MYSELF
THIS WASN'T JUST A DREAM

"Mijo, estás bien?" Angelica asked, seeing Alec lying in bed. She was passing by his room to do laundry when she saw him looking upset on his bed. (Darling, are you alright?)

"Yeah, I'm okay," Alec said, not even glancing at his grandmother.

"Are you sure? You look upset." Angelica asked, putting the basket in her arms down and walking into the room.

"I feel like an idiot."

"Why?" Angelica asked, sitting on the bed by Alec's legs.

"When I went to see May the other day, I didn't do something I really wanted to do. But I wasn't sure if it was something May was okay with. So I didn't do it." Alec said vaguely.

"What? Mijo, I didn't understand anything you just said." Angelica said. "Please explain in English."

Alec sighed, sitting on his elbows, "May y yo casi nos besamos." He admitted. (May and I almost kissed.)

CAUSE YOU WERE RIGHT THERE
AND I SHOULD'VE TAKEN THE CHANCE
BUT I GOT SO SCARED

"What?!" Angelica gasped excitedly. "Wait. You said, almost kissed. Que te detuvo?" (What stopped you?)

"You're phone call about if I was gonna be home for dinner," Alec said.

"Oh, I'm so sorry, mijo." Angelica apologized.

"It's okay. I don't even know if May wanted to kiss me." Alec said.

"Bueno, te gusta ella?" (Well, do you like her?)

"Yeah, I do. I really do." Alec admitted.

"What makes you think she wouldn't like you back, Alec?" Angelica asked her grandson.

"I don't know. I just... I've never felt like this before, and I guess I'm just in my head about it." Alec sighed. "What do I do?"

"Well...you have two options, Alec. You can either tell her and see if she likes you back, or you can not and maybe forever regret never telling her." Angelica told Alec.

HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT ME NOW?
I CAN'T BELIEVE I LET YOU WALK AWAY
WHEN, WHEN I SHOULD HAVE KISSED YOU

"What if I do tell her, and she doesn't feel the same? We just became friends, and I don't want to ruin it." Alec sighed. "And if I don't tell her, I already know these thoughts are gonna flood my brain forever."

"I don't know what to tell you, mijo. This kind of thing is for you to decide. I can't help you." Angelica said, making Alec sigh, falling back and staring at the ceiling.

"I know," Alec said.

"But what I do know is that you'll eventually make the right decision," Angelica told him.

"You think so?" Alec asked, skeptical.

IT'S ALL THAT I CAN THINK ABOUT
YOU'RE ALL THAT I CAN THINK ABOUT

"You're a smart kid, Alec. You'll figure it out." Angelica smiled.

"Thanks, Abuela. Te quiero." Alec said, giving her a timid smile.

"Te quiero más," Angelica told her grandson with a smile.

She then got up and walked to the doorway of his room, picking up the basket on the floor. She turned back to her grandson moping on his bed.

"If you do decide to tell May how you feel and she doesn't feel the same. Please don't dwell on it. She's the one missing out on being with an incredible guy." Angelica told Alec.

IS YOUR HEART BREAKING?
HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT ME NOW?

Alec smiled, chucking, "Thanks Abuela."

"Of course, mijo," Angelica said, about to walk away but stopped. "Hey, I know you're busy figure this out but don't forget about your chores."

"I know. I'll do them." Alec said, almost forgetting about his chores.

"You better," Angelica said, then finally walked away.

I CAN'T BELIEVE I LET YOU WALK AWAY
WHEN, WHEN I SHOULD HAVE KISSED YOU

Alec sighed, still unsure about what to do about the situation. His talk with his grandmother helped him a little on how to deal with it. But it was still a difficult decision for him. Alec wanted to tell May how he felt, but like every person in the world, the thought of rejection was scary. To feel humiliated about expressing your feeling to someone only for them not to feel the same. That's something that would make anyone absolutely terrified.

So Alec continued to think about his decision as he did his chores.