11. Carved

The boy whimpered in pain as he sat on his bed and tried to remove his pants. Thick tears left his eyes, but he was sure that the tears were not because of the pain in his leg. It was the chest. His heart hurts.

He sniffled and scrunched his nose, wiping his tears with his fists.

And the sight was a little too adorable to the man watching him from outside of his apartment, through his window, crossing his arms to his chest, leaning on to the railing.

He smiled a little before pulling himself off the railing and pulling out a paper-clip to unlock the door.

He quietly click opened the door and the first thing he saw was a terrified Jisung, pressed in the corner of the bed, trying to move away.

'Fuck. He might have got scared upon hearing someone trying to open his door' Minho cussed at himself for not thinking of that before.

"Hey. It's me, Kiddo" He said in a soft and calm tone and saw Jisung visibly getting relaxed.

"H-Hyung?" he sniffled again, still a little scared. "A-Are you here to k-kill me?" he asked innocently and Minho's heart ached so bad because the younger looked defeated and serious about what he said. Like he was asking to be killed.

He closed the door behind him and walked to the younger who was sitting on the bed and staring at him.

"Jisung" Minho sighed looking down at the scared boy. "Why are you always talking about me killing you?" he asked mumbling.

Jisung looked down as a quite sob left his lips "B-Because I'm so s-scared and t-tired and, and-" he sniffled but went quite when he felt a soft hand on his cheek. He slowly looked up with big teary eyes only to find that same comfort in those eyes, which he found on that day.

"It hurts?" Minho asked, softly caressing the younger's cheek with his thumb.

The boy nodded as a small cry left his lips.

Minho looked around the small apartment, it was more like a single room, nothing else. Having a small old bed in one corner and a wooden desk in the another. There was no bathroom or washroom in the room, so he guessed that the apartment might have a common bathroom for everyone.

'Oh Kiddo, you've been living like this for past 2 years?' he thought, still creasing the boy's cheek absent minded.

"I-I know it's small and b-bad, but I-I can't afford-" the boy sniffled looking down when he saw Minho's eyes roaming around his apartment. He placed his pants over his legs in attempt to hide himself.

Minho looked down, finally diverting all his attention to the boy. He held his face into both of his hands, making him look up. "It's your home. It gives you roof in sun and rain, and you work hard to maintain it. Don't call it bad" he said looking into the boy's eyes.

Minho finally removed his hands from the boy's face and looked down at his legs, immediately grabbing the pants, lifting them and dropping them on the floor.

Jisung did flinch and felt a little exposed, sitting there in his underwear, but he didn't felt uncomfortable. Maybe because Minho have seen him fully naked before? Or maybe because Minho have touched almost his whole body while treating his wounds? Or maybe...... just because it was Minho. Minho, with those warm eyes and soft touches. Minho, with that safe feeling.

"I remember asking you if you were hurt and I also remember you telling me 'No hyung'..." Minho said analysing the cuts, bruises and that particular bullet wound on his thigh. "...But that looks like a little sweet bullet wound to me, Jisung" he said a little sarcastically.