✽ 34

Manhattan, New York City

~Beckett~

I felt a continuous tap on my arm till I woke up.

“I want to see a peacock” her voice reached my ear.

I groaned.

“Beck, I want to see a peacock” her voice came again.

I opened my eyes, confused, and rolled over to look at the person seated beside me.

“A peacock?”

“Yes.”

“Now?” I asked.

“Mm hm,” she hummed.

I reached over to my nightstand to grab my phone. It was six in the morning.

“Aubs” I groaned. “I thought you saw one—”

“That was on the television!” she glared at me angrily.

I sighed deeply. She wanted to see a peacock at six in the morning.

“Let's do it another time okay, my love? I have a long day ahead of me and I need to learn my lines for the next scene of the movie” I mumbled sleepily.

It's only a dream, Beckett. It's only a dream.

I slowly found myself drifting off to sleep. Then suddenly, she started crying loudly which caused me to wake up with a jerk. I sat up and looked at her crying state.

Oh shit! It's not a dream.

Taking a deep breath and running my hand through my already messy hair, I stared at her with drowsy eyes.

“Aubs, hey. Sweetie, what is it?” I whispered hoarsely.

She sniffed, looking at me.

“I wanna see a peacock” she demanded, rubbing her nose.

I kept staring at her for a good two minutes until I realized she wasn't kidding.

“Okay Aubree, we'll go to the zoo in the morning. Right now, I need you to sleep okay? You shouldn't cry or be awake at this time. It isn't good for the baby” I muttered.

She glared at me furiously before snatching the covers away from my body.

“Your this baby...” she pointed to herself, “...is only demanding to see a peacock!” she said haughtily.

Now I was annoyed because my sleep was disturbed. But knowing her mood swings, if I scolded her now, she would cry and irritate me again. This way or that way, I was bound to get pissed.

Breanna was never like this when she was expecting Roman.

“Okay fine” I mumbled and got out of bed, causing her to glee in excitement.

“Help me up,” she said, holding out her hands to me.

I took her hands in mine and gently helped her to her feet. We walked into the living room and I switched on the television and searched for the discovery channel. Luckily for me, they were displaying a peacock.

Oh, thank you, God.

I turned towards her.

“Here keep staring at your peacock. I'm going to sleep” I sighed and walked back into our room, leaving her fuming there.

She was twenty-nine weeks now. It wouldn't be long before she had the baby and I would finally be rid of the mood swings and impossible demands.

“A peacock at six am? One for the books” I scoffed.