✽ 50

~Megan

“You've been quiet,” Avery walked next to my desk. “You doing okay?”

“Yeah. I'm just a bit drained from the trip, that's all.” I sighed.

She laughed, the wrinkles forming at the corner of her eyes.

“Must be only you 'cause Brie looks likes she can run a marathon right now.”

I chuckled softly, rubbing my temple.

“Are you sure you're okay, Meg? This isn't like you,” she eyed me.

I nodded.

“I'm fine. I'm just super tired, that's all.”

“Why don't you ask Mr. Martin for a few days off? He can get a temporary assistant till you feel better. I don't want you getting sick.”

“Ave, I'll be just fine” I assured her. “And speaking of assistants, have you heard from Cyn?”

Avery smiled.

“Yes. She sent me these really, really cute engagement pictures” she said, unlocking her phone to show me.

My eyes widened in delight.

“Oh my gosh, Paris?!” I exclaimed.

“My exact reaction” Avery laughed.

I smiled.

“Lucky them.”

“I know right? I'm so happy for her” Avery sighed happily.

I wish I could be that happy and publicly in love.

My stomach let out a loud growl and Avery giggled.

“Which reminds me of why I really came here,” she said, “Lunch?”

“Absolutely. I just need to drop off these papers in Mr. Martin's office.”

“Where is he anyways?” Avery asked.

“Breanna mentioned something about Mr. Corleone having a business lunch a few minutes ago. Mr. Martin probably went with him” I answered.

Avery nodded as I stood up.

“Oh, please get Breanna won't you?” I asked. “I'll just put these in Mr. Martin's office and be right out.”

“Sure” Avery smiled, walking off to get Breanna.

I turned off my computer, picked up my phone, and hurried to Mr Martin's office. I was going to have lunch with the girls and I was certain that it would put my mind at ease. I was tired of Ronbie Martin invading all my senses.

I had found myself in surprising situations before. And I adapted very well. But nothing... nothing in this world, could prepare me for the beauty sitting atop Ronbie's desk, feeding him whatever the hell it was.

Oh my... oh hell no!

I was certain Ronbie would be out for lunch with Mr. Corleone. So what the hell was this then? I felt a deep frown taking over my current shocked expression.

“Sorry, I'll come back,” I muttered angrily.

Ronbie quickly stood up from his seat, looking at me surprised. With my hand still on the doorknob, I turned around only for him to call out for me to stop.

Dammit!

I reluctantly turned around, fighting back the angry and disgusted tears that were threatening to spill.