49 ✽

~Brie

“Thanks for the ride,” I said as he pulled up at Jewel Interactive and unlocked the doors.

I climbed out and closed the door only to hear his engine going off. Zachary got out of the car and locked it.

“What are you doing?” I asked.

“Well since it's very obvious that he works with you but you can't tell me who he is, I'm coming to work with you.”

I rolled my eyes.

“Oh you thought I'd just drop it?” he smiled. “No way.”

“Don't you have a job to do, Zach?”

“I'm the boss, Bee. It's okay for me to be a little late.”

“Well it's not okay for me, so please get back into your Lexus and drive away.”

“Not gonna happen.”

I shake my head and he grins, pumping his eyebrows at me.

“You're insane.”

“C'mon you,” he chuckled.

We reached into the reception and Carol and Ivy let me know how much they'd missed me. Understanding that I was late, they decided to save up some of the hugs, kisses, and office gossip for lunch.

Avery did the same before letting me go so I could get to my workstation.

“You didn't tell me you're a superstar at your job” Zachary teased.

“I am not,” I said. “And not everyone likes me.”

“Lies.”

I chuckled.

“I'm serious Zach. A lot of people here can't stand—”

A loud gasp reaches my ears and interrupts me; preventing me from continuing my sentence.

“Breanna!”

I turned and Glenn was already running up to me with her arms wide open. She gave me a long hug before letting me go.

“It's so good to see you again,” she said. “Who thought one week away would be so long?”

Not as long as I hoped it'll be.

“It's good to see you again too, Glenn” I smiled.

“Oh and I've been practicing how to take photos. It turns out I'm not that terrible” she grinned.

I arched an amused brow.

“Really?”

“Yes. And Tameka says she'll give me tips so you don't have to worry about babysitting me.”

“Honestly, I'm not” I chuckled. “Where's she anyway?”

“I don't know... something about a phone call to some guy.”