33 ✽

~Aiden~

My knuckles were ice cold, white even, no thanks to the tight clutches that my fingers had on the palm of my hand, almost draining all the blood from my hands. I'd never felt this way before.

What was this emotion anyway? Hatred, maybe?

I knew all about that emotion, but I couldn't help but feel like it was something different this time. No, it was a completely different emotion from hatred, but I could not place my finger on what emotion it was since I'd never felt it towards another person in this scenario.

I just knew that deep down, the cause of this new sparked emotion running through my blood had something to do with the little interaction occurring between the two people I now hated the most. Even while standing in front of them, neither of them noticed my presence, which only added fuel to the fire.

Why are they being so rude?

Angrily, I clear my throat, snapping the two out of their interesting conversation. Breanna's loving touch disappeared from Steven's arm, much to my relief... a little.

“Good evening, Mr. Corleone,” he greeted with a kind smile.

My fists twitched from the tight clutch, itching to punch that fake, kind smile off his face. Everything at that moment irritated the fuck out of me. And what made matters worse, they were side by side, looking like the perfect couple. It was honestly disgusting.

Yet I was still allowing this strong emotion to course through my blood like it was healthy.

“Don't you have anything to do Mr. Ryker?” I asked stiffly.

I was going to try today. I was going to try to be rational, but the longer I stood in their presence together, the more the little control I had was trying to slip.

God!

I could not help but feel the crazy, maniac side of me trying to poke its head out and murder the man.

How can this little boy think he can come and take what I found first?

“I do, sir. But I decided to come to check up on Breanna. I haven't been with her all day so I wanted to be sure she was okay” he said. "Is everything alright?”

I stood with my mouth opened slightly, nothing coming to mind to tell him. I just knew that I had to get rid of him or I would be tearing his head off and feeding it to the wolves.

“Mr. Corleone? Is there a problem?” Breanna interjected after I could not respond.

Oh, now it was back to Mr. Corleone?

I turned to her, almost with a piercing glare.

“Actually, I need to speak with you about Cynthia. Something's come up with her and I need to tell you” I said, stealing the opportunity to get her away from Steven, as fast as possible.

I couldn't take seeing them together anymore. I registered the pain-stricken panic flash through her eyes and felt bad, but I quickly disregarded the guilt, reasoning that she deserved it. It was her fault for showing another man affection in any kind of way. Steven cleared his throat, resting a comforting hand on the small of Breanna's back.

“Hey, calm down, Bee. I'll be right here waiting for you to come back so I can drive you back to the hotel,” he said in a hushed tone.

I saw red at the gesture and almost wrenched Breanna to my own body. There was no way I was going to let him take her anywhere.