✽ 88

~Brie

The buzz I felt in my arms suggested it was time to take a break... or call it a day.

“Alright guys, I think that's enough for today” I called out to the new guys I'd hired as I put my camera down. “We'll pick it up tomorrow okay?”

“Yes, Ms. Nolan” was their chorused response.

I turned to see Megan who was happily munching away on her salad.

“You ready to go?” I asked with an amused look.

“In a bit” She took a fork full of leaves and shoved it in her mouth.

“What kind of salad is that anyway?” I neared her, trying to sniff it but immediately backing away at the nausea that was threatening to hit me.

“Kale.”

I made a face.

“Oh my goodness, why?”

“Ron” she rolled her eyes. “He's trying to 'eat healthy' now... ” she air quoted, “... and he looks so miserable doing it that Lulu and I said we'd do it with him.”

“You're already regretting it aren't you?”

“So much” she groaned, making me laugh. “But hey, things we do for love, imma right?”

“You're preaching to the choir” I smiled.

She took one last bite of the salad, closed the bowl, and started to pack. I walked to the refrigerator to get a bottle of water and get one for her.

“Ron, Aiden, what are you two doing here?” I heard her call out excitedly as I closed the fridge.

I turned.

“We came to surprise you two” Ron grinned.

“Well count me officially surprised” Megan giggled, throwing her arms around her husband to kiss him.

“How do you two feel about lunch? There's a new Japanese restaurant close by” Aiden asked.

“Well I already had most of my lunch,” Megan said, making me smile at the way Ron was grinning lovingly at her, “And we just closed so maybe tomorrow.”

“Closed?” Ron asked. “It's one in the afternoon.”

“Boss' orders” Megan smiled at me. “And I am not complaining.”

“You okay?” Aiden asked, moving closer to put his arms around me.

I nodded.

“Yeah just a little tired” I replied.

“Okay, then let's go get lunch, then you'll get some rest okay?” he kissed my forehead. “Wasabi?”

I shook my head.

“Later. I just wanna skip to the resting part” I sighed.

“Well okay. C'mon then” Aiden took my hand.

Good thing I didn't bring my car because driving would have been a challenge.

I passed Megan's water to her as Aiden picked up my purse.

“I'll make sure they lock up, okay?” Megan smiled at me. “See you tomorrow, boss.”

My mind barely focused on the road as buildings and trees passed me. I let out a little tired yawn,  plumped my hand underneath my chin, and continued to stare out the window as we glided back home.