✽ 44

~Brie~

The feeling of laying in Aiden's arms was nothing short of euphoric. His scent and his warmth surrounded me in our tight embrace. Our bodies were intertwined on the bed. I'd told him I loved him back. And it wasn't a spur of the moment kinda thing. I said it again and again and again till he'd fallen asleep... cuddling me like he promised.

I felt so strongly for him like I needed him to breathe and it bewildered me. I loved Beckett... so much. And even though we'd been together for close to seventeen years... even though he was good in bed... even him, even Beckett Lewis couldn't make me feel this way. He didn't ignite this fire Aiden did in me by just looking at me.

What I felt for Beck was love, right?

Right?

God!

I sighed deeply and continued to quietly stare at Aiden's gorgeous face. He reminded me of Roman and I felt a sting of guilt creep up my chest. I'd forgotten to call him.

I'll call him first thing in the morning.

Was this a sign that this was wrong? One night with Aiden and I'd forgotten about my son? I chewed on my bottom lip quietly before smiling softly at Aiden.

God, I love him.

My heart was swelling. I did love him. He suddenly opened his eyes and he blinked.

“Are you done being creepy and romantic?” he whispered.

I chuckled softly. Iris was right. Roman did have his 'I just woke up' face.

“Why aren't you asleep?” he asked, shifting his weight.

I shifted a bit away from him, tugging the covers up to my chest and he furrowed his brows.

“Breanna, are you okay? Did I hurt you?”

“No Aiden. You didn't hurt me” I answered, not looking at him.

“Did you not... like it?”

I shook my head and looked at him. His face had paled. I smiled at him.

“I loved it Aiden Corleone. You are incredible.”

The relief that washed over him was questionable.

“That was the best sex I've ever had. And I was married for close to seventeen years” I whispered. “I'd do it again in a heartbeat.”

He chuckled softly and lifted his hand to softly caress my cheek before leaning in to press his lips against mine. The kiss was gentle and slow, and I savored each stroke.

“Well, then why are you still awake?” Aiden asked against my lips.

Instead of responding to him, I urged his lips apart, slipping my tongue in, to taste his. Tingles shot throughout my body as we massaged each other. I cherished the moment, although I knew we were going to have many more.

My body was set alight as our kiss progressed. I melted for Aiden as he touched me, pulling me closer. Every stroke of his fingers against my skin made me feel like I was floating.

Eventually, we broke apart, giving each other time to breathe. Instantly, my lips felt cold. I rested my forehead against his shoulder as his fingertips lightly traced my spine. I felt whole like this is where I belonged.

Beckett could never make me feel like this.

I pushed him to the back of my mind as I stroked Aiden's chest, running my palm down his abs. I was completely fascinated by him. I still couldn't understand how such a wise man ended up falling into bed with me. He was one of the most beautiful men I've ever laid eyes on. He could have anyone, so why me?