✽ 94

~Brie

“Morning Juanita” I greeted as I passed the kitchen.

“Oh hello, Breanna. You're glowing.”

“If you were marrying the love of your life this weekend I'm sure you'd be glowing too” I beamed.

“Well yes, but I don't think this glow has anything to do with the wedding” She raised one brow at me, giving me a knowing look.

I laughed and shook my head.

“Uh-uh. No. We're not doing that anymore.”

“Whatever you say” she grinned.

I took a seat on one of the barstools.

“Everyone's already gotten their day started?”

“Aiden took Roman to school since today is his last school day before the summer vacation begins. And Iris didn't come home last night.”

Leslie.

I laughed.

“What would you like to eat today? How about I make you some eggs and sausages?”

“Sounds good” I smiled.

“Alright. It'll be ready soon.”

A movement caught my eyes through one of the windows and I craned my neck.

“Hey, Juanita? Where's that gardener.... err Tommy?”

“Timmy” she corrected.

Right.

“He said he had some sort of family emergency and so he left.”

I made a face.

“Explains why I haven't been seeing him much.”

“Oh, it's been a while since he left. But Aiden had me find a replacement for him.”

I nodded.

“But don't you find it weird that we keep changing gardeners? I mean it's either they just disappear or some emergency comes up.”

“Oh, I find it weird, dear. Suspicious even” Juanita nodded her head, “And that Timmy boy was very odd. My gut never felt good around him.”

I hummed in agreement. The doorbell rang and I stopped Juanita and told her I'd get it.

“Hold your horses” I called out when the doorbell rang again.

I pulled the door open.

“Oh.”

“Breanna” she smiled.

“Freda” I smiled back politely at the wedding planner my mother had hired against my will. “To what do I owe this visit?”

“Well you weren't answering my calls so here I am” she replied, letting herself in.

I sighed and closed the door.

“Okay. Can I offer you anything?”

“Oh no, I won't be long.”

That's a first.

I simply nodded.

“I came to remind you that your final fitting is this afternoon. Second, the catering menu. Three menus require your approval as we speak. And also, the bridesmaids' dresses. Then there's the other stuff we need to finalize... music, flowers... very important so we don't trigger anyone's allergies.”