✽ 64

~Brie

“Miles I...”

He paused the video and fully turned to face me. I wasn't sure when I'd gotten up, but I was standing.

“You're not seriously going to deny your intense affair with your boss now are you?” he asked. “Because the pictures and videos all prove that you two have been sleeping together.”

I swallowed.

He's right.

“I mean Aiden?” he asked before scoffing a bit. “I knew he was playing favorites with you but I didn't think for a second that he was doing that just because you've been sleeping together all this while. Did you sleep with him to pass the interview?”

I shook my head, my eyelashes wet with unshed tears.

“No, no. I swear. I got here the right way. I didn't sleep with Aiden to pass the interview, I swear.”

“So it was after the interview you started sleeping with him?”

I felt like a kid caught stealing candy from the candy store on camera.

Herve sighed and threaded a hand through his hair.

“Imagine my shock when I saw all the pictures of you and him... under the sheets.”

I closed my eyes, my nails digging deeper into my flesh.

“I thought I was dreaming.”

I kept my head down.

“But I believe you.”

I stilled.

“Because you just don't seem like the kind of woman who'd sleep around to get her way out of a situation.”

He believes me?

“So when did this start?”

“The trip” I answered.

My voice was shamefully quiet and embarrassingly stunted. There was no point trying to deny it or lie to him either. He already knew.

Herve's jaw clenched.

“I thought as much.”

His tone lightened for a moment and I thought I had almost imagined it.

“And I'd like to believe it ended when the trip was over?”

I flinched in response and Herve cursed loudly. I closed my eyes.

“How can Aiden be so careless and selfish?! Not only is the company's name going to suffer if this gets out, but you'll be out of a job and the scandal... I can't even begin to imagine the disgrace.”

For some reason, my tears were just chilling out behind my eyes. They were refusing to drop.

Why?

Because no matter how bad it'd gotten now, I regretted nothing. I was in love with Aiden. And although we'd very much suffer the consequences of our actions, I wouldn't change a thing and I would do it all again in a heartbeat.

You screwed up Breanna!

But maybe if Aiden had used a different memory card to take the pictures of me in bed with him and all the cute videos of us together, maybe me being too excited to kiss him and forgetting to remember to go through the roll wouldn't have landed us in this ditch.