35 ✽

~Brie~

I sat on the bed, ready to let myself fall back and sleep, when someone knocked on the door. I dragged myself to the door and looked into the peephole before opening the door.

“Breanna” she greeted, walking into my room.

“Megan” I chuckled, closing the door.

She moves around the room and stops at the second plate of tuna sandwich I'd made.

“I like how you take very good care of me, Brie” She sighed dramatically and picked it up.

I chuckled and moved to the fridge to get her a soda.

“Mm mm” she hummed and shook her head. “Coke.”

I passed it to her and watched her eat.

“So to what do I owe this visit?” I asked.

She gave me a look.

“Now I can't come to visit my friend?”

“Okay,” I chuckled and held my hands up in surrender.

“That and to tell you we have an emergency meeting” she pursed her lips.

“Now?” I groaned.

“Yes.”

“But it's Sunday. We're supposed to not do anything work-related on Sunday.”

She sighed.

“I know. But Ron... err Mr. Martin...” she corrected again.

Second time?

“He called the meeting so if Mr. Corleone didn't call it, I'm sure it's not anything...” she trailed off again, “... it is serious hence the 'emergency' found there.”

I chuckled and moved over to my bed to open my suitcase.

“Mm, have you heard from Manny?”

“Yes. I just got off a call with him like thirty minutes ago” I replied.

She nodded.

“How's Lulu?” I asked holding out two dresses to her.

“Fine. She wants me to come home because Gabriella has been feeding her takeout for a week” She shook her head. “Go with jeans” she added.

I put my dresses back and rummaged through my luggage for jeans and a top to match.

“You know, I could ask my dad to go get her tonight so she can eat a home-cooked meal” I offered.

“I thought they were out of town.”

“They're back now.”

“Oh then please and thank you, Brie. I'm not sure she can take another day of takeout.”

I smiled.