✽ 6

^^^Nolan residence^^^

Two weeks later

~Brie~

¬Friday.

“Okay, Roman! Have fun!” I called after him as he ran off.

“I'm so glad he could make it. Selena and Trevor will be so happy."

I smiled at Athena.

“Of course,” I said and hugged her goodbye. “I'll see you on Sunday.”

¬Sunday.

Roman had been invited to a friend's sleepover birthday party and he wouldn't stop bugging me to let him go.

He even baked invisible brownies for me and tried to bribe me with Monopoly money.

I laughed at the memory as I walked out of the supermarket. My phone rang bringing me back to reality.

“Hello?”

“Oh good, Brie! We need you at the office right now” Cynthia ranted.

“But why? It's my day off.”

“Seriously, get your butt here right now. Your boss' boss needs you.”

I hung up.

~Flashback ~ (One week ago)

My phone rang and I picked it up.

Hello?

“Is this Ms. Nolan speaking?” a woman asked.

Yes. This is she.

I'm calling from Jewel Interactive... directly from the office of Mr. Corleone. If you're available today, could you please come down to our building? It's about the job interview you were here for.

I scratched the corner of my nose.

“Erm... Yeah sure” I faltered.

“Great! We look forward to seeing you.”

The line went dead and I stared at my phone's screen. My initial thought was that the CEO I insulted had sued me. I wasn't ready to go, but I was curious.

I moved upstairs and changed into a pair of mom jeans and a yellow shirt. I threw on my black leather jacket and grabbed a pair of flats. Then my phone, purse, and car keys.

I walked out the door and to my car and in less than forty minutes, I was in the elevator on my way to the eighth floor. The elevator door opened and I stepped out, throwing my ID card around my neck.

The front desk receptionist from before had been replaced by a new one. A much nicer one who led me right to the blonde secretary from last time.

Oh Ms. Nolan, welcome. Go right in. They're expecting you” she smiled.

I knocked on the door and waited for a 'come in' before walking in. The office was still the same.

It's lovely to see you again Ms. Nolan” a familiar voice spoke.

Mr. Martin,” I said with a smile.