67 ✽

~Brie

About an hour and a half later, we're stationed at a table in the center of the lobby of Pacific Vale Academy. All around us, the bakesale was in full swing and our table was in full swing we could hardly keep up.

“Thanks for stopping by” Dove smiled at a couple.

“Have a nice day” Zach said to another.

“Tell your friends!” our Dad would add.

I chuckled as I replaced the empty trays.

“Bruce, give me a hand with the sign” Mom sighed as a kid nearly ran into our sign.

“What is with these kids and running?” Emmett muttered, joining us at our table.

“Em, I thought you went home” I looked up at him.

“Nia wanted me to come and make sure everything went smoothly” he explained.

“This isn't our first rodeo, Emmett. And I think Nia knows that” Zachary chuckled.

“Well I'm beat and I need to sit down” Dove sighed.

Zach pulled up a chair for her.

“Daddy? Why don't you and Mom head home? We'll hold it off from here” I suggested.

“We have no problem staying honey” Dad smiled.

“Really?”

“Of course.”

“And where's Roman?”

“Showing Iris and Aiden around the school” Zach chuckled.

“Oh, that boy” Mom shook her head.

“There they come” Dove nudged me.

I followed her gaze and saw them.

Where's Aiden?

Roman spotted our table and bolted straight to us.

“Manny, walk” I let out when he neared our table.

“But it's fun to run” he pouted.

Dad ruffled his hair and mom handed him a bottle of water. Iris smiled up at me when she reached our table. She poked at our cash box and her smile grew wider.

“What are you, billionaires now?” she teased.

“Maybe” I smiled.

“I'm a hundred percent sure you are because no one has made this much from all the tables we've been to” she chuckled.

My eyes roamed around a bit, seeing if I could spot Aiden.

“He just stepped out to take a phone call” Iris nudged me.

I blinked.

“Huh?”

“You're looking for Aiden right?” she smiled. “He just stepped out to get a phone call.”