✽ 52

A/N: Hey guys! It's been a while since I dropped by with one of these. I hope y'all are well.
So juggling three books at a go isn't easy. The attention shifts between the books and sometimes it's hard to keep the same pace going.
But I promise to stick with our update schedule. And whenever I'm able to, I'll release multiple updates like I used to cause even I miss that.

Happy reading!

~the_atticwriter

✄---------------------------------------------------------------------

~Brie

The car pulled up in front of Jewel Interactive and I unbuckled my seat belt and opened the door.

“Thanks” I muttered to my sister as I climbed out.

“Should I pick you up later?”

I turned to close the door.

“No.”

“I can. I'm not doing anything later.”

“No thank you, Aubree. I can get home on my own just fine” I told her.

She turned off the engine of the car and pushed her sunglasses to the top of her head.

“Okay then. How about I stop by in the afternoon and we have lunch together?” she smiled.

My eyes popped a little.

“What is wrong with you?”

She looked behind her and then back at me.

“Me?”

I groaned and closed the car door, shaking my head.

“So lunch?”

“No. Goodbye.”

I turned away before she could go any further with her absurd requests.

“Morning Carol. Ivy” I smiled at them as I stepped into the reception.

“Hey Brie” they greeted back in unison.

I stepped into the elevator and I was on my floor in a few seconds.

“Morning Avery” I greeted.

“Oh hey, Brie. I love your shoes” she grinned at me.

“Thank you Ave” I grinned back. “Is Mr. Corleone in?”

“Not yet. He's usually early...” she paused and eyed the clock, “... I'm sure he'll be in soon.”

“Thanks.”

I hurried down the hall and made a pit stop to check on Tameka and Glenn before reporting to my temporary desk.

“Hey, Breanna? Could you please put these out in the conference room?” Avery caught up to me with some files just before I was about to leave.

“Yeah sure” I smiled at her as I took it from her.

“Thanks.”

“Is Megan in? She's not answering her phone” I asked, making Avery stop and turn back around.

“Well, she's not...” Avery trailed off as her eyes fell behind me.

I turned around and frowned.

“What the hell are you doing here?” I asked.

She smiled and pushed the basket onto Amy's desk.

“Happy Birthday” she whispered before waddling towards me. “Hey, little sis.”