83 ✽

~Aiden

“Get out,” I said coldly.

Her face fell and Breanna stopped looking in the direction Roman was supposed to come from with her phone and stared at me. Ophelia took a step forward and I saw red.

“Get. out” I repeated with more venom than the last.

“Woah, Aiden” Breanna clutched my arm.

My glare didn't leave Ophelias's face.

“Here's your phone Mommy” Roman's voice reached us. “Can we go now?”

Our silence made him ask another question.

“Aiden are we not going anymore?”

“In a minute Rocket,” I replied, eyes still fixed on Ophelia. “Just do me a favor and go finish all your homework first, hm?”

“Go on sweetie, I'll be right there to help you if you need me” Breanna added.

The moment Roman's footsteps faded, Breanna tugged my arm and pulled me aside.

“What's going on?”

My jaw ticked.

“Aiden talk to me. Who's that woman?”

“Ophelia Barrett.”

The look that grows on Breanna's face is devastating and I know she regrets letting her in.

But she didn't know.

“Aiden I—”

I pressed a kiss to her lips, stopping her from finishing with the apology.

“You didn't know” I whispered when I pulled away.

She sighed.

“Do you need me to make sure she leaves?”

“I don't want you anywhere near that woman, my love. I'll do it” I said.

She nodded.

“I'll be upstairs with Roman then. Take as long as you need okay?”

I smiled at her and kissed her again before letting her go. She didn't even glance at Ophelia once as she walked away.

“You've turned her against me, haven't you?” she spoke, stirring up more anger in me. “I know because she didn't smile or even look at me.”

“And you don't deserve her to” I snap.

“Aiden—”

“Get out Ophelia. You have one minute before I call the cops” I said curtly and turned away.

“At least let me say goodbye to my grandchild” she let out. “I know about the child you and Jew had.”

I stopped and turned around.

“Please, Aiden, let me say goodbye to Roman.”

I frowned.

“You have no relation whatsoever with my child. And Roman isn't your grandchild in any way.”

“You say it like they're two different kids, Aiden. Please just let me—”

I clenched my fists.

“They are two different kids, Ophelia,” I said. “Roman is my girlfriend's son from her previous marriage, but it doesn't change the fact that I love him like he's mine.”

Her shoulders sagged.

“Oh. Well, where's my granddaughter? Is she as pretty as Jew was?”

I tried hard to control my emotions.