✽ 80

~Aiden

We finished taking photos, and I’d lost count of how many times Breanna and I’d kissed during them. We weren't the newlyweds but we stole the show there. The amount of times I’d have to hold myself back from swiping my tongue inside... pure torture.

All I knew was I wanted to keep kissing her. But then her maid-of-honor duties called and for the rest of the evening, she was busy. I had groomsmen duties too so that kept me occupied.

“Hi, girlfriend,” I said, dropping into the seat next to her, my hand finding hers in her lap.

“Hi, boyfriend,” she whispered back, nibbling on her bread roll.

I set down the glass of champagne I’d grabbed for her before grabbing her plate and cutting her chicken up into bite-sized pieces.

“What are you doing?”

“Chivalry isn't dead, my love.”

“You don’t have to do that,” she chuckled.

“Why not? I want to.”

I also didn’t want her getting anything on her dress.

“Well thank you” she smiled at me. 

I kissed the side of her forehead when I was done.

“Need anything else?”

“No thank you, my love.”

She ate her food and after two glasses of wine, she was laughing at her best friend on the dance floor.

“He's so bad at this.”

Looking over at her with her cheeks warm from the outside temperature and a slightly pink nose, I extended out a hand towards her.

“What do you say we show 'em how it's done, my love?”

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

~Brie

Aiden pulled me into his arms, twirling me around the dance floor.

I’d never have known how fast my heart could beat just from a man’s embrace if I never met Aiden. One arm was curled around my back, resting on the small of my back, but just that touch heated me through the fabric. His other was holding my hand as we swayed at the side of the dance floor.

Aiden's steps were in perfect harmony with the music, every bit as graceful. My heart swooned.

“I didn’t know you could dance like this” I murmured to him as I rested my head against his shoulder for a moment.

He cleared his throat.

“I, uh... took lessons for my wedding to Jewel. I needed to not mess up at least one thing.”

I looked up at him, right into those blue eyes I’d come to love.

Right. Of course, he’d taken dance classes for her.

“Aiden...”

“It was no big deal, really” he raised his shoulders in a shrug. “At least now I won't step on your toes.”