71 ✽

~Aiden

I scribbled on the papers quickly as I flipped from page to page. It was already past eight and I had a ton of papers to sign that should have already been completed before ten in the morning.

The thought of Breanna sitting at home, all alone, waiting for me to get there angered me. I was still confused about her action and quitting just like that.

It's not like her.

I sighed and finished filling out a few more paperwork before I called it a night. I had someone more important waiting for me. When I reached her house, I knocked on the door softly, not wanting to scare her awake or anything with the doorbell. The door opened slowly, revealing Breanna peeking behind the door at me.

My heart tightened in my chest, seeing her current state. She looked beyond exhausted. The blonde hair dye was vividly wearing out from the roots that now looked their natural brown color. I gently pushed the door open, making her step back.

“My love,” I called softly.

She looked up at me hesitantly, and I walked further inside, closing the door behind me.

“I'm sorry. I didn't know I'd be so late,” I said, hoping that she wasn't upset with me.

Breanna shook her head.

“No, it's fine,” she said quietly.

I walked towards her and grabbed her hands.

“And I don't know how much I can apologize for whatever I did to get you this upset...” I said softly.

Breanna pulled her hand back from mine with a small frown on her face.

“Don't apologize. It's not your fault. None of this is,” she said softly.

I leaned down and kissed her lips softly. When I pulled back, I made her look me in the eyes.

“Well then whose fault is it?” I asked. “Breanna, what's going on?”

“Aiden please, not now.”

“We have to talk about whatever this is, Breanna,” I said in a tight tone.

She frowned, pulling her face from my gentle grip.

“I know. Just, not now,” she said, placing her hands on my chest.

I pulled her hands from my body and pressed kisses to the back of her hands.

“When then?” I asked.

She stayed quiet for a moment before she moved her hands from me again and placed them behind my head so she could pull me down to kiss me. When her tongue slid past my parted lips, I responded to the kiss, pulling her body flush against mine, hard. My hands dropped to her legs, pulling one of them up to my waist as our tongues battled with one another.

I groaned when she pressed her pelvis against mine, grinding into my erection. When she did it again, realization dawned on me that she was trying to distract me from furthering our conversation. Though it was the hardest thing I'd ever have to do, I pulled back from the kiss and grabbed her hips tightly.

“Breanna,” I called, sounding out of breath.

She dropped her hands to my belt and began to quickly work on getting it loose.

God.

Even though I really wanted this, the desire to understand whatever was eating her up was greater.