✽ 92

~Aiden

The weeks went by in a blur and when my fiancée and I set a date for our wedding, it felt surreal. And I couldn't wait to officially make her mine.

Ronbie had invited me out for drinks with a few of our mutual friends and I wanted to pass abs cuddle the entire night with my woman but she practically locked me out of the house and I wasn't supposed to return till I had fun with the guys.

When I stepped into the bar, the night had already started for many around me. I took my place beside my best friend and poured myself a pint of beer from the jug. There were so many conversations going on and I could barely keep up.

“So where are you going for your honeymoon?” one of the guys that I wasn't entirely familiar with asked me.

“We haven't decided,” I replied, gulping my pint.

“You should take her to Dubai” another guy suggested to me, “That's where I took my wife.”

I chuckled.

“I'll think about it.”

Ron smiled at me and gave me a hard pat on the back.

“I'm so glad my best friend's finally joining the club again.”

Everyone around me cheered and it felt nice. We were seated around the bar and our jug was getting empty, even though I had poured for myself only once and barely drunk any of it.

I leaned over the counter and told the guy behind the bar to refill it to have something to do other than listening to the guys crack lame marriage jokes.

“You!” I heard a voice across the counter and I turned, along with the other guys in my group.

There was another group of about five guys seated near us, about as wasted as our group was and one of them was pointing at me.

Beckett Lewis.

I was starting to wonder when I'd see him again.

“Mr. Big Shot here thinks he can just swoop in and be Prince Charming,” Beck told me, stumbling over to me.

“It's nice to see you too, Beck,” I said.

“Oh shut up” he scoffed. “This man here is out to take my wife and son away from me!” he exclaimed.

“I'm not taking anyone away from you because you've already lost them, Beck. And there's nothing you can do about it”  I said.

Beck's eyes narrowed and suddenly, and with surprising agility for a drunk guy, he swung his fist and punched me in the jaw.

There was pandemonium.

Both groups had gotten up to fight each other and Beckett had struck me again. I balled my hand into a fist and hit him back once to get him off of me and then held his hands down.

“Stop being an idiot. What would your son say about you if he found out about this?” I spat at him and then pushed him away, “Guys! Guys! Just sit down!”

I tried in vain to get them to stop, but the alcohol mixed with the testosterone and the mob mentality had caused a fight and the security at the bar came over and pulled everyone apart.

“All of you, out!” he commanded and two groups trudged out of the bar amidst cheers and boos.

So much for having a fun night.