✽ 38

A/N: Just because it's Friday and I adore my readers to the moon and back, here's another update!

Enjoy!!! ♥

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

~Aiden~

I sat in my car for hours. I just couldn't bring myself to drive home. My thoughts were only of her. Love wasn't supposed to be this hard. If it was, then what I had with Jewel wasn't love. I finally convinced myself that I needed to go home, take a shower and get some sleep to clear my head. I would see Breanna tomorrow.

But it was when I pulled onto the road that something kicked in and I realized I definitely wasn't going home. Pulling up to the parking lot of the apartment she'd mentioned she was staying in, I parked as best I could. And as fast as my body let me, I stumbled out of the car, my feet urgently trying to get me where my heart was telling me to go.

I couldn't understand why I was in such a hurry, but all I knew was, it was as if my life depended on getting there. There was not a sensible thought in my head about what I would say or do as I knocked on the door, but I waited for it to open. It seemed like hours had gone by when it finally opened and her head came around the door.

Her brows furrowed in confusion and she opened the door to see me standing there. She was wearing frilly shorts, fuzzy socks, and an Avengers tank top over which she wore an open-knit cardigan. Breanna's hair was in a glorious mess at the top of her head and her bright eyes questioned me.

“Aiden” there was surprise in her voice, “What are you doing here this late? Is something wr—”

“I grew up in North Finchley” I cut her off, lowering my eyes to my feet. “My father was a factory worker and my mother—”

“Aiden stop,” she told me.

I looked up at her and she shook her head.

“You don't have to do that.”

“But I do, Brie” I whispered.

I'd finally figured out what I needed to do. She needed to see how vulnerable I could get. I needed her to see that.

“I need you to see and know all of me,” I told her.

She opened the door wider and moved out of the doorway.

“Would you like to come in?”

Relief washed over me that she wasn't going to turn me away. I nodded and took a few steps into her apartment and she closed the door behind us.

“Whenever you're ready, Aiden” her voice was soft.

I gulped.

“My mother was unemployed” I continued. “We didn't have much but we were comfortable.”

I turned around to face her and she gestured to the couch in the living room. I shook my head and gave her a small smile.

“I was an only child till my mother got pregnant with Iris. It was a big surprise because I was old... too old in everyone's eyes.”