✽ 10

Dedicated to alpha_kitty_naks_5

~Brie~

2:27 am

I woke up to go check on Roman. I yawned and sat up. I opened the door and walked down the dark hallway, barefooted and rubbing the sleep from my eyes. I passed by Aubree's room and I heard loud moans. I rolled my eyes and quickened my steps.

They deserved each other.

I kept going and reached Roman's room. I walked in and he was asleep. I didn't feel like going back to sleep so I pulled a chair and sat, watching his little chest slowly rising and falling.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

“How could you Mom?” I grumbled through the phone. “You promised.”

“Honey, we're sorry. This is important to your sister.”

“And my son isn't important to me? You're on the side of the daughter who ruined the other daughter's marriage you know that right?”

Mom sighed.

“Breanna c'mon, we're not picking sides here. I'm a mother, I can't pick a favorite out of my children. I love you three equally but remember that despite everything, Aubree is also our daughter; you're sisters.”

“A burden I'm going to have to live with forever” I murmured venomously.

“Breanna don't say things like that!” Mom reprimanded me. “You don't have to be so cold!”

I stayed quiet.

“Bruce please talk some sense into your daughter. She's being impossible right now.”

That does it!

“You know what mom? I'll take care of this myself. My son and I will no longer be a burden, so you can spare me your biased lecture, okay?”

I hung up and breathed out heavily.

Ugh!

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

I got down from the car, grabbed my bag, and then slammed the door shut.

“Okay sweetie, stay close to mommy okay?” I whispered and planted a kiss on his head.

The car beeped as I locked it and then headed toward the building. I pushed through the doors and the cold air from the AC made Roman gasp.

“Mommy you work in a refrigerator.”

I chuckled. We got to the front desk and I smiled at Carol and Ivy.

“Hey, I'm back” I announced.

They gasped at Roman.

“Oh my goodness, that's your son?” Ivy asked.