99 ✽

We hit 5K, you guys!
Thank you all so, so, much!
Enjoy!

~Brie

The kiss we shared on Monday stirred a flutter in me and my breath hitched as the door swung open to reveal Aiden. And when I saw him a few days ago over our Thanksgiving shopping, I didn't really have time to take in the sight of him. But he was every bit as hot as I remembered him to be.

I gazed at his tall form. He might actually be hotter. No wonder I was pregnant. One look at him and my ovaries were screaming to reproduce with this man even though I already had... twice.

Good God, what the hell am I thinking?

Was this my hormones talking or just my normal level of crazy? Probably something I should figure out in therapy someday.

He walked up and stood before me barefoot in a pair of well-worn jeans. His chest was covered in a fitted gray sweater that rolled at the sleeves, revealing the expensive watch I'd gotten him last year and muscular, veined forearms. His dark blonde hair was mussed and damp as though he just got out of the shower, and his eyes were bluer than I remembered.

“Hey, you okay?” Aiden's tone was crisp and all business.

I'm horny, I replied in my mind while my lips said, “Yeah, yeah. And thanks for fixing my err... pipe.”

The pipe I intentionally broke.

“Okay,” he said, stepping away to give me the space I didn't want anymore.

This entire week, things were either going missing or getting broken around my house and Aiden was there to find and fix them every time. I wasn't supposed to find it difficult to talk to him and tell him I wanted us back together but I was... and I didn't like it one bit.

I was about to 'accidentally' break a vase when suddenly, the fire alarm went off.

Oh crap!

“My chicken!” I cried and made a mad dash for the kitchen. “No, no, no, no!” I opened the oven and horribly smelling black smoke billowed out.

I grabbed a pot holder to pull the pan out and accidentally bumped the top of my hand on the top burner of the oven.

“Shit!” I exclaimed, dropping the chicken and yanking my burned hand back.

Suddenly, two arms were around me. Aiden turned me to face him, holding me close as he growled, “Bloody hell, Breanna!”

He held my hand up to inspect it, a look of absolute panic all over his face.

“What do you think you're doing?”

“I was trying to save dinner,” I croaked, a knot forming in my throat as I wince at the red blister forming over the top of my hand.

“I need to treat this” He grabbed my good hand and yanked me down the hallway. “Fawn, take care of the mess, please.”

“Yes, sir,” she called back as we passed by her.

He led me up the stairs through my bedroom and into the master bath before slamming the door shut behind us. His hands were on my waist as he lifted me onto the counter. He dug into the linen cupboard and retrieved the first-aid kit.

Without a word, he riffled inside it until he found what he needed, the anger billowing off him more intensely than the burn on my hand.

“Aiden,” I said softly as he dabbed a wet cotton ball on my hand, causing me to wince.