7 ✽

^^Breanna (left) Aubree (right)^^

One month later

~Brie~

I yawned and rubbed my eyes as I descended the stairs and dragged my feet into the kitchen.

“Good morning Mom. Where's Roman?” I asked, pulling the fridge open while I waited for a response. “Where is it? I swear there was some leftover lasagna in here” I muttered.

“His father took them to school” someone else responded.

What the?!

I slowly closed the fridge and turned to the person seated behind the kitchen counter with a newspaper in hand. She put it away and smiled at me.

“What are you doing here?” I asked coldly.

“Now, now Bee. That's no way to beehave with your big sister now is it? You're supposed to welcome me... give me a warm hug or a gift basket.”

I chuckled.

“You are not my sister” I stated.

“Oh, don't bee like that” she teased. “You're such a buzz kill.”

She took a bite of something and moaned, closing her eyes.

You've got to be kidding me!

“Are you eating my lasagna?”

“Oh you made this? It's so good... could use a little more spice” she smiled. “I forgot what a great cook you are. But I'm better.”

I stared at her and stuck my tongue in my cheek, trying to prevent myself from clawing at her face.

“Oh, you weren't going to eat it were you?”

“No.”

“Becky, your daughters are at it again!” I heard Dad call for Mom.

“What is she doing here Daddy?” I sighed.

“Breanna, despite everything, this is my house too. I have equal rights to bee here as you do” Aubree smiled at me.

I frowned.

“Aubree stop with the puns” Mom scolded walking in.

“Oh but she loves them, right honeybee?” she grinned mischievously.

I was seething inside.

“Please leave,” I asked.

“Breanna, this is her house too. You can't just ask her to leave.”

I looked at my mother in disbelief.

“Oh Mom, I've found the perfect theme. Come see!” Aubree cried excitedly.

“Breanna dear, I'll have to borrow your car for a bit today too if you don't mind. Mine is still in maintenance” Dad said to me.

“Yeah sure” I answered and walked away from them.

“Where are you going?” Mom asked.

“Work.”

I walked up the stairs to my room and shut the door.

Why is she here?!

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

I stared out my window, waiting for my ride to get here. I saw him pull up in front of the house and I headed down.