✽ Epilogue

Six Months Later

~Aiden

I strolled into Mrs. Marcel's diner and my eyes instantly found Breanna sitting at her favorite table. My face split into a giant smile at her open laptop, her papers and books spread out all over, and a diaper bag, purse, and stroller parked beside her. Plus, two slices of pie sitting off to the side.

Some things never change.

I glanced around for my daughter, but Breanna was wearing a breastfeeding cover over the top of her clothing, so the odds were that, Eden was feasting. I made my way to the table, and Breanna’s eyes lifted at my approach.

“Hello, wife.”

I lowered my head and dropped a kiss on her lips. We’d been married a solid three months, and I still loved calling her that whenever possible.

Originally, we were going to wait and do another big, traditional wedding next summer, but one kids-free night and a few too many tiki bar beverages at Aubree and Riccardo's second wedding ended up with Breanna and me on a plane to Vegas. The wedding was impulsive, and the twenty-four-hour trip was full of nonstop sex because Breanna had just been cleared by Dr. Wittmer.

You’d have thought we’d never had sex before the way we were going at it all night.

God, it was a good night.

It was our first night away from the kids since everything, and we stayed up the entire time fucking and talking about our future together.

When we came home, I thought our elopement would send our family into a tailspin, but Iris was bubbling over with happiness. Breanna’s parents were over the moon when we agreed to baptize Eden at their church. It all worked out pretty perfectly.

“Hello, husband,” Breanna volleyed with a dopey smile that I never wanted to disappear.

I peeked under the cover where Eden was eating.

“Hello, princess.”

Her head instantly pulled away from Breanna’s breast, and milk shot into her face as she looked toward my voice. She cried out at the onslaught of liquid, and Breanna quickly reconnected her to the breast.

“Don’t distract a girl when she’s eating,” Breanna exclaimed, nudging me so I moved away.

Laughing, I sat in the open chair beside her, unable to hide my amusement.

“I still can't get the taste of breast milk out of my mouth and she gets drunk on it all day.”

Breanna playfully rolled her eyes.

“You big baby.”

I pulled a piece of pie in front of me and tucked into it.

“How was your mommy and me class?” I asked around a mouthful of French silk.

“Again, not necessary but very informative,” she replied and then opened her mouth when I offered to feed her a bite.

She licks the remnants off her lips.

“Today, we discussed Kegel exercises to get our vaginas back to their former glories.”

My brows furrowed.

“I told you sex is just as good as it was before Eden. You’re being nuts about this.”

Breanna’s nose wrinkled.

“Still, I want to keep my situation high and tight for my hot husband.”

“You can’t improve perfection, my love” I leaned across the table and kissed her temple.