Mutual Improvement

In an unknown place - Renaldo and Kyutaro

Kyutaro had been training Renaldo for the past few days. He made him do push ups, sit ups, squats, and all sorts of exercises as well as sparring.,

[Kyutaro] Come on Mikey! You have to do better than that.

Renaldo was struggling to do push ups and sit ups.

[Renaldo] I'm trying!

A little while later

Kyutaro and Renaldo were sparring. Renaldo was pressuring Kyutaro with punches and kicks however, his form was terrible and his attacks weren't reaching.

[Kyutaro] Stop swinging wildly and wide, you leave yourself open.

Kyutaro kicked Renaldo in the stomach and he went flying back.

[Kyutaro] You're wasting way too much energy and leaving yourself open. Come at me again.

Renaldo got back up and got in a stance.

About a two hours later

Kyutaro walked into Kinoshiba's office.

[Kyutaro] So, you called me in here?

[Kinoshiba] Yes, how's it going with Mikey?

[Kyutaro] He's pretty rough right now, but he's doing better than before.

[Kinoshiba] That's good to hear. He'll have to strengthen his body a lot before we can proceed. Anyways, that's not the reason I called you here.

[Kyutaro] What's the problem boss?

[Kinoshiba] I have a task for you. You know the Itamori assassination organization right?

[Kyutaro] Yes sir.

[Kinoshiba] One of their highest rankers, Yokeitanto Itamori, the son of the founder, has been sent out on a mission. Two days from now he'll reach Kaigo city where he's been asked to assassinate Yinji Tensou.

[Kyutaro] Oh, I've heard about that guy.

[Kinoshiba] Good, then you know how important he is. We can't afford to lose an asset like him. He's not only good for power but he possesses something useful to us.

[Kyutaro] And what might that be? Some kind of special item or something?

[Kinoshiba] Yinji is from one of the great sacred clans, one that I myself couldn't get rid of alone. Amongst all of them, his ability is the strongest and he is the only one who can manipulate the blood crystal.

[Kyutaro] Blood crystal? I don't think you ever told me about that.

[Kinoshiba] Yes, it originally came from his very origin. However, his clan is ancient, meaning not many remain. He's among the very few with his abilities awakened. I have obtained this blood crystal but I cannot manipulate it.

[Kyutaro] What exactly is that crystal for?

[Kinoshiba] It's another cursed piece just like the items Kotaro and Rintatsuchi collected at his younger brother's home. It's another thing we need in order to move on with this plan.

[Kyutaro] I see.

[Kinoshiba] You can start heading to the city tomorrow at noon. I want you to bring Yinji back with you.

[Kyutaro] Got it boss.

The next day

Kairo and Muigetsu were running through the regiment as usual. It started to become dark as they had been training for long periods of time. They were exhausted and full of wounds. They limped back to the Minka and treated their wounds and sat down to drink some water.