The Raid

The next day

During Kairo and Muigetsu's MKSA period, they were assigned duties. Yamachi called them to his office to speak with them.

[Yamachi] You two, starting today, you will be in charge of handling the exercises.

[Kairo] The what?

[Yamachi] The daily exercises we do everyday before we start the period. You and Muigetsu will be in charge of leading them daily.

[Muigetsu] B-but we don't know the order!

[Yamachi] That is fine, here's a list of the exercises.

The exercises consisted of some basic stretches and some body workouts like push ups, situps, etc. Then it moved on to some basic kendo exercises that they'd do everyday before starting class. So for today, Yamachi led them and they observed. Afterschool, they met up with Katoichi at their home.

At home

[Kairo] What are you doing here?

[Katoichi] Why else would I be here?

[Kairo] I don't know.

[Katoichi] First off, I sense that you've managed to regain your ability to use koseishi. I also see that you are very wounded.

[Muigetsu] It's nothing, we had a test that required us to fight and what not.

[Katoichi] Not only that, I see you got promoted in Mksa, not bad. Anyways, show me your Shūchū.

Kairo and Muigetsu tried to use it, but they couldn't seem to grasp it. They could feel that they had the force in their bodies but couldn't bring it out in any way.

[Katoichi] You're trying too hard. Why do you think you can't use it?

[Muigetsu] I have no clue.

[Katoichi] Calm down, take a deep breath and try again.

They relaxed and took a deep breath and tried again. This time, it worked.

[Katoich] It's weakened a little bit. After you regain your strength and heal, everything should go back to normal, however, the reason you lost all of this power in the first place was because you exerted too much. Remember what I told you from the start. If you use this power in the wrong way, it could harm you. Don't overuse it and overexert yourself. Anyways, the real reason I came today is to tell you something.

[Kairo] Like what?

[Katoichi] I'm getting to that right now, if you let me speak. There's someone I'd like you to meet, but only after what's going to happen at Monkai.

[Muigetsu] Wait, how the hell do you know about what's going on? You were the one who told us we were going to have an assignment and obviously you know what's going on.

[Katoichi] How do you think I know so much? I've already gone through all of this and more. Monkai is merely the beginning, what's coming up is way worse. Now, I'll come back in a week. I expect you to have grasped the basics of koseishi again before you use the second form. I can already sense that you've reached it, so don't use it. Your body isn't ready and you'll fall apart again if you try to.

Katoichi disappeared, leaving a red flash of aura behind.

[Kairo] Does he just stalk us or something? Like what the hell?!

[Muigetsu] He knows more about us than we do ourselves. I never knew we even reached the second form.

[Kairo] Maybe if he would've explained to us better we would've. I'm guessing it was when we were fighting that guy at the mansion, remember?