Katoichi's Past

Three days passed

Kairo and Muigetsu went through a series of training every single day. They started to get cuts and bruises from the turret however, that didn't stop them from using it to train. After the third day, the following morning, a person came to visit them. They had just woken up and were getting ready to train and Katoichi appeared before them.

[Kairo] Katoichi?! What are you doing here?!

[Katoichi] I simply came to check on your progress. It's been about a week or so already.

[Kairo] It's been going good I guess, Yokeitanto had to leave though.

[Katoichi] Yes, I know that. He had a mission to fulfill.

[Muigetsu] A mission?

[Katoichi] Yokeitanto is a part of a secret agency. You obviously know by now after you met Tatsumo, there are assassins. Yokeitanto is a part of one of those organizations and he has his own duties to fulfill. I was also a part of that business until I had to resign.

[Kairo] Resign? Why?

[Katoichi] *sigh* Take a seat. The real reason why I came today is to clear some things up and to explain more about myself, well, my family. Kinoshiba has started to make his move already, so we may face another bout with my older brother.

Kairo and Muigetsu sat down in front of Katoichi.

[Katoichi] I'm sure you already know by now, but I am not purely from Yokokunishiba. My father's from the Minyoubu clan that possesses the ability to alter one's reality. I grew up in a different village, one far from here. They specialized in assassinations and that's how I ended up meeting Yokeitanto. He was one of my upperclassmen at the time.

A couple years ago in a village far away

Katoichi was young, around five at the time and Yokeitanto was age 9. He walked inside of a building and sat down. Ganto Minyoubu, Katoichi's father along with another man stood in front of the other students.

[Ganto] Today we will have a new addition to the team. This is my son, Katoichi.

Ganto looked over at Katoichi.

[Ganto] Come up and introduce yourself.

Katoichi walked up and stood in front of everyone.

[Katoichi] I am Katoichi...

He walked away and sat back down.

[Ganto] Seriously...

[Miyo] Anyways, it's your job to show your underclassmen the ropes. Together, we are a family. Does everyone understand?

[Everyone] Yes sir!

[Miyo] With that being said, you are dismissed for the period.

A couple minutes later

Katoichi was outside the building training along with the other students. Yokeitanto, an upperclassman, walked over to Katoichi.

[Yokeitanto] Hey, what's up?

Katoichi sheathed his sword and looked over at Yokeitanto.

[Katoichi] What do you want?

[Yokeitanto] I simply came to introduce myself since we'll be working together.

[Katoichi] Cool, did my dad send you?

[Yokeitanto] That's right, that guy was your dad. Well, that old guy next to him was mine.
[Katoichi] You're old man Miyo's son?

[Yokeitanto] Yeah I guess so. We were both born into this business, there's nothing we can do about it besides work our hardest.

[Katoichi] I guess you're right.