Unavoidable

Unknown - Time ?

Kairo woke up from another nightmare, he doesn't remember them, but he wakes up stressed. His body was extremely sore and he was in so much pain that it hurt to even move the slightest. The wounds that Kyutaro had sewn up were throbbing, no painkillers or any type of substance given to Kairo in order to help with the constant pain. When he woke up, his heart was beating so fast and hard, so much that he could hear it. For the first time, ever in his life, Kairo never thought he'd experience something worse than death.

[Kairo] *breathing heavily* Again...

Kairo looked around the room, his head throbbing from pain, straining his eyes to focus. Everything started to become blurry and out of focus, and his body slowly began to give up on itself. Even though his wounds were now closed, he hadn't eaten, drunken anything, nor had he even been able to bathe himself. He could hardly breathe and his symptoms were over that of a common cold or fever. His eyes were slightly red and yellow, his nose clogged, coughing up blood and mucus. Even as he tried to breathe, it was raspy and forced.

[Kairo] Is this...it?

Kairo slowly felt his body beginning to lock up on itself. He couldn't move his arms or legs, and instead of feeling hot, he was sweating profusely, yet he felt cold.

[Kairo] *in his mind* I don't want this to be the end but...I don't want to keep suffering. I can't continue to do this anymore, I can't live like this.

Flashback - over 6 years ago in Yokokunishiba village

It was getting dark and the beautiful lamp lights around the village lit it up. Kairo was playing inside the house with his mother whom he had clearly remembered the face of.

Present

[Kairo] *straining* Mother...

Tears began to stream from his face and trickle down his cheek slowly.

[Kairo] It looks like I won't be able to defeat that man.

Flashback

Kairo's mother was laughing and talking to someone next to her. Suddenly in the flashback, Kairo saw a face he hadn't ever seen in his life. He couldn't make out who it was but he guessed to himself that it must've been one of his relatives. The man was very light in skin tone with facial hair, relatively tall around six feet, and had what seemed to be a crescent moon shaped tattoo. The man, after laughing, walked forward more into view.

[Kairo] *in his mind* Huh...who is that man?

The man walked forward towards Kairo, his eyes closed and smiling, he opened his eyes and said something to him.

[???] Look how big you are already, Kairo.

[Kairo] *in his mind* Why haven't I remembered this man before? I haven't seen him since I was young, I guess I got so caught up in my emotions I forgot a lot about my life.

[???] *laughing* Come on now? What's up with the look?

The man patted Kairo's head and began to turn around. Kairo's vision began to become blurry again, and everything began to fade away. He reached his hand out, but everything was already far out of reach in his mind.

Present

Kairo's eyes stared blankly into the distance, no life left. The expression on his face was now blank, and his body was limp leaning forward, his head tilted down slightly. His heartbeat was no longer there and his breath ceased. The door in front of him opened and Kyutaro walked through, turning on the dim light above kairo's head.