𝐴𝑛𝑔𝑠𝑡𝑒𝑚𝑏𝑒𝑟 𝑃𝑟𝑜𝑚𝑝𝑡 2 - 𝐴𝑛𝑡𝑖𝑐𝑢𝑝𝑖𝑑

Overblot

M.Reader x Cater Diamond

'So Cupid does exist!'

••••••••

Cater couldn't believe what he was seeing, no one could.

A boy with pink hair and hazel eyes stood on their table during lunch. His shorts were short as he wore stockings that covered his legs.

A light pink hoodie was on his body, a red choker around his neck. He was on his phone. He hadn't seemed to notice anyone around him.

That was until he pulled his eyes away from his phone. They saw his expression, confusion, as he looked around the table.

He stepped back, his heels coming in contact with the wooden table.

Cater would have been completely and utterly confused if he hadn't figured who the boy was. He stood up, stars in his eyes.

"So cupid really does exist!"

The angel of love looked at the ginger. He grinned and bent down, waving his phone next to his head.

He put up a peace sign as he held his phone, the cloud heart charm moving to the side.

"Hell yeah I do!"

That was the very first interaction. The two had gotten along well.

They shared the same interest as they talked. The group was still confused on how and where the boy came from but what could they do?

The Cupid boy hugged onto Cater as they talked, his clingyness from not having anyone to relate to.

Cater welcomed the affection with open arms. That's one of the reasons they got along.

Days had turned into weeks and weeks into months.

They've been friends forever. Cupid had thought for a while, maybe Cater was his long lost best friend.

As he changed in his room, the senior barged in. He hasn't expected to see him changing. Cupid hadn't expected him to barge in. The two shared a moment of staring.

It became something more.

To think, the supposed asexual Cupid having feelings for a human. And sharing such an intimate moment with the same human.

"C-cate~!"

"Sorry~ It'll feel good soon"

A love so pure. A love that he desired. He had finally gotten it.

With the person he cherished so much. Even if there were duplicates.

"W-wah? There's more?"

"My unique magic remember? You're not sleeping for now~"

Was Cupid finally happy?

Maybe, he was. He could finally relax into normal life. He could finally be normal.

.
.
.

Good things never last long...

On a day worth speaking of, a day where he is most important.

Cater had never said a thing to him. He was being ignored.

It went on for weeks. He didn't know why. Was he invisible?

He was filled with negative thoughts. Did Cater find someone else? Was he just using him?

Did he never care about him in the first place?

He felt enraged, thoughts of hatred corrupted him. He hated it, he hated him, he hated everyone...

He couldn't take it anymore and went on a rampage. He used his unique magic to stun every person in sight.

They would be stunned or under his control. He was sick and tired of humans.

He didn't stop, pleas, cries and wails didn't phase him.

Cater at this point was worried. He didn't know why he was ignoring Cupid. He thought to apologize and do something for the pinkette.

He decide to invite him out to a cafe. Maybe then he could apologize and fix things with him. He was just nervous about the whole 'Dating cupid' thing. But he was gonna make things right.

But he didn't expect to see the school in chaos. People were attacking each other while others were unable to move.

This had reminded him of so many overblots that he dealt with. Then it clicked.

Cupid's Unique Magic...

'Lovestruck'

He had to stop him. He didn't know where the usual duo was. He had to do this on his own.

He found him in the same place where he appeared. He was sitting on the cafeteria table, facing away from the entrance.

He hummed a soft tune from the two's favorite song. This made Cater even more guilty. He wanted to say something but was cut off when the humming stopped.

Cupid stood up on the table. Holding his bow down, ready to lift and fire. The blot slowly covered his body.

And then he turned around.

His skin was pale, his eyes were soulless.
His hair was black and dripped with ink, a broken heart mesh-like mask on the side of his face.
His outfit was an ethereal goddess like dress but black and white, dripping with ink.
Ink blobs and trails floated around him as spikes of ink floated above his head as a halo.
His shoes were just like his original but the heel was sharper and taller, broken hearts were the heart parts previously were.
His lips were a dark red, dark enough to be black.
A black heart on his left cheek.
He adorned wings on his back, but they looked scorched and destroyed.

He lifted the bow, pointing the once pink heart arrow that was now black at the ginger.

The blot manifestation stood behind him, lifting a larger bow.

He hadn't said a word and simply shot it. Cater didn't make and effort to move.

He decided that it was his fault after all. The only way to make him happy was with his life. He just wished that he hasn't been the cause of his misery.

Cupid whispered one final set of words before the arrow pierced his once lover.

"Cupid...doesn't exist for me"

•••••••••

Y'all can't tell me that shit was written well.

But if you do I won't disagree. But anyways...
Made me feel a little sad ngl
This was actually sad man...