13

Monday morning rolls around and I wake up early. Well earlier than I need to be up but I guess I'm nervous. How can I not be though? I'm starting at a completely different school with only a few months left and I don't know anyone there besides Lauren but it's not like I can hang out with her.

School starts at 8 a.m. but since I will be riding with Lauren she has to get there at 7:30 a.m. That still doesn't mean I should be awake at 5 a.m. but I am. I scroll through social media for a few minutes before doing some exercises. I do to sets of 50 pushups, sit-ups, crunches, lunges and planks. Once I'm done with my exercises I head to my bathroom and jump in the shower. After my shower, I pick out clothes and lay them on the bed. I am currently standing in my room in a sports bra and a pair of boxers with the towel wrapped around my head trying to dry my hair out.

All of a sudden my door opens and I hear a small gasp. I turn around to find Lauren standing in my doorway with her mouth slightly open. Her face red while she is just looking at me. I ask "is something wrong?" She doesn't hear me so I walk up to her and touch her upper arm. "Is everything okay? Do you need something?"

Lauren snaps out of her daze and clears her throat. "I... I was just checking you... I mean... to see if you were... umm, awake because I had heard noise. Wow, umm... s-sorry to barge in without knocking." She backs up bumping into the door frame then hurries to close my door.

I couldn't help but laugh as Lauren was closing my bedroom door. I was cute how embarrassed she was and her blushing cheeks are so adorable. Something is there between us or at least for me there is but I think there is for her too. She could have just been embarrassed for busting in without knocking but I think it was more than that. I mean she looked like she was trying not to check me out while I was looking at her. Then she got embarrassed because she was still just standing there in a daze. Of course if I say anything to her about it, she will probably just deny it.

After getting dressed and grabbing what I need for school I go downstairs for breakfast before we have to leave. Lauren is at the island drinking coffee and apparently the sperm donor is already gone, go figure. She looks up at me but doesn't look me in my eyes, "your plate of breakfast is in the microwave. Hurry and eat so we can go please. I have to get all your paperwork taken care of this morning for you to start school here. Your dad was going to take you this morning and do all of that but he didn't have time, he had to leave early."

"Okay, thank you" I say as I watch Lauren waiting to see if she will look at me. She looks everywhere but at me and I snicker at that. As I'm eating though and not looking at her, I can feel her eyes on me. I finally look up and as I look at Lauren, she quickly looks down into her coffee cup. I laugh to myself at how Lauren is acting. I wonder what's going through her mind right now? Is she still embarrassed or did she maybe like what she saw?

After eating I grab Lauren's empty coffee cup, while she appears deep in thought, my plate and glass and wash all of it. When I turn around Lauren is standing by the door to the garage waiting for me. My eyes immediately go to her and the black skirt she is wearing. I haven't seen her in anything like this and my eyes are glued to her toned legs, the way the skirt fits her curves and the hint of cleavage visible from the top of her white blouse. She is stunning.

"Kyler." She says bringing me out of my trance. She shakes her head then sternly says "come on, we need to go."

I walk past her into the garage and get a whiff of her D&G Love is Love perfume she bought when we went shopping. Oh my god let me tell you... this woman smells divine. I turn around quickly to ask her about the class schedules and I run right into her, not knowing she was that close to me. She loses her balance a little and I grab her hips to steady her and to keep from falling. Lauren's hands immediately go grab my torso helping balance herself and me so I don't fall either.

I don't know if it's from us both nearly falling, our bodies being pressed against one another or how close our faces are but we are both breathing a little heavy. Our lips are inches apart and I want to kiss hers so bad. I look in Lauren's eyes and I swear I see... desire in them. I reluctantly let go of her and moved back before doing something that I might not regret but she would.

We both get in her Range Rover so we can get to school. Honestly I don't even remember what I was going to ask her specifically about the class schedules. As she is backing out of the garage my eyes go to her thighs where her skirt rode up when she sat down. "Can I help you?" Lauren asks as she cuts her eyes at me.

"I don't want to seem inappropriate or overstep or anything but you look incredible Lauren. Seriously, you're so gorgeous." I gush. Her cheeks turn red and she bites her lip as looks straight ahead at the road.

Lauren glances back at me finally, "you're too sweet Kyler but have you not seen yourself and those dimples." Her eyes go wide and she quickly looks back at the road. Was she flirting with me? It's not possible, she wouldn't see me like that anyway. Reality sets in on her face at what she said and she runs her hand through her hair. Lauren sighs, shifts in her seat and her grip on the steering wheel tightens. "I'm sorry Kyler, that was completely inappropriate of me to say and I don't know why I said that." I open my mouth to say something but she quickly says "don't."