86

As I am looking through the case of bridal ring sets, one particular set catches my eyes. My heart feels like it leaps in my throat as I look at the rings through the glass case. I asked the saleswoman to look at it and I suddenly feel all giddy inside and my heart is racing but not from being nervous or uncertain. I feel giddy and my heart is racing from excitement, knowing that I found the perfect ring.

   The ring set is so beautiful and just... perfect. It's a romantic rose gold 1 - ¼ carat diamond bridal set. The engagement ring has four sparkling princess cut diamonds in the center, framed by delicate milgrain round diamonds. More round diamonds go down both sides of the double band engagement ring and the wedding band matches.

   Katie looks at the ring and gasps when she sees it and she asks the saleswoman the price as I'm studying the bridal set. The set is on sale for $2,700 and its regular price is $3,300. I don't care if it was $5,000, it's definitely the perfect ring. I feel tears in my eyes as I'm looking at the ring and picturing Lauren walking down the aisle to become my wife.

   I'm pulled from my thoughts when Katie snaps her fingers in my face. I look up and the saleswoman is smiling at me. "Is that the one you like?" She asks with the smile still gracing her face.

   I instantly nod my head. "Yes ma'am, it's perfect. My girlfriend wears a size 6 so do you happen to have that size?" I question then hold my breath because I really don't want to wait on being able to propose. I want to do it while we are here in Pensacola. I want to take Lauren over to Pensacola beach to mine and my mom's favorite spot on the beach. It's a special place to me and I can't think of a more perfect spot that means so much to me and I want to share that with Lauren. It just feels right.

   The ring was a size 6 and I was so happy that I nearly choked up when I told the saleswoman I would take it. Katie was so excited she started squealing like a little kid as she jumped up and down pulling on my arm.

   With the perfect ring in my hands, we left Kay Jewelers and headed back to Aunt Mary's. "You did it." Katie smirked at me before asking "how does it feel?"

   "I'm excited as hell but nervous at the same time. I just don't want to screw this up." Katie nodded her head in understanding and talked my ear off the rest of the way and I couldn't wipe the smile off my face knowing I was fixing to see the love of my life. I swear, Katie is right, I am so whipped for Lauren. I just hope I don't open my big mouth and let my plans slip.

   After Katie dropped me back off at my aunts, I found Lauren comfortable in the living room typing away on her laptop. "Hey baby. How was your morning with Katie?"

   I smile as I walk to the couch and sit down beside Lauren. "It was great. We plan on spending some more time together before you and I head back home. I would also like for you to join us. I want you and Katie to get to know each other more and she is completely fine with it. She wants to get to know you as well. Now, what are you up to?"

   Lauren shifts so she can lean against my shoulder and positions her laptop so I can see the screen as well. "I have applied for these three job openings and I found a few more. I'm checking out each school thoroughly then if it seems like a good fit, I'm applying and sending my resume. It's a mixture of principal, assistant principal and teacher positions so maybe I will have some luck."

   I kiss the side of Lauren's head. "You will be a great choice for any of them you apply for. They would be crazy not to offer you the position." Lauren smiles then turns her attention back to her laptop. I don't want to interrupt her job search so instead of showing her around today, I will wait until tomorrow.

   When I wake up Wednesday morning I glance at the alarm clock and it's only 6:30. Again another morning of waking up earlier than I really need to. I don't want to move much because Lauren is still asleep with her head on my chest and my arm is under her. She seems to find comfort sleeping like this and I am more than happy to hold her.

   I lay here and stare at the ceiling and work through my plans for the day. I want to have a day date with Lauren today. I want to take her to breakfast, visit my mom at the cemetery and then spend time at the beach. Depending on how the day goes I have another plan for tonight.

   I glance down at Lauren and can't help but smile as I realize this is what I need forever. I need her, she is the most amazing woman. I study her features and of course she is gorgeous when awake but she is even more beautiful laying here sleeping peacefully. I want today to be perfect for this perfect woman because she deserves it. I know without a doubt that she is what I want for the rest of my life. She is everything to me and I want to build something amazing with her.

   As I'm staring at Lauren, she mumbles "I can feel you staring." I move so her head is now on the pillow and lean down pecking her lips. Her eyes flutter open and she looks at me smiling "well good morning to you too."

   I smile "good morning baby and as for the staring, you're beautiful so..." She runs her fingers through my hair and pulls me in for a kiss.

   Lauren pulls back from the kiss, laughs and says "you know, you were staring at me when I first met you and it was highly inappropriate. I can always feel your eyes on me."

   I shrug my shoulders, "yeah well, you're breathtakingly beautiful. I swear, you took my breath away when you first opened that door."

   Lauren laughs and shakes her head as she sits up in bed. I grab her hand and pull her back down which cause her to laugh then I quickly straddle her. I smirk as I lean down and kiss her delicious lips then move lower down to her neck. I move my hands to her breasts and lightly tweak her nipples through her shirt.