Twenty Nine: A Small Break Through For Jai Mei's Family II

Early Release for my besties making me feel good! 💜🫶🏾

Story:

They were aware of the truth without needing to ask, yet there were questions that still needed to be voiced.

Liu Feng, his eyes brimming with concern, seized the moment to approach Wei Xiaoli, his heart heavy with curiosity.

"Wei Xiaoli, please, tell me what happened to Jai Yuna," he implored, his voice trembling with emotions.

Wei Xiaoli took a deep, shuddering breath, mustering the strength to recount the painful events to Liu Feng.

"Yuna... she was already injured when she sought shelter at my house," she began, her voice quivering with sadness.

"A heavy rock slab fell from the roof, and she selflessly shielded Chun Wei from harm. But, in doing so, her hand and shoulder bore the impact..."

The husbands listened intently, their expressions morphing from surprise to sheer disbelief. The magnitude of the incident had eluded their awareness, as their own struggles had consumed their attention. Doubt tinged Hao Zhang's voice as he pressed Wei Xiaoli further, his disbelief seeping through his words.

"Are you absolutely certain about what you're telling us?"

Wei Xiaoli, her voice a blend of weariness and conviction, interjected with resolute determination. "It is true," she affirmed, mustering her strength while tempering her anger.

"My words can be validated by none other than Doctor Liang Bo himself."

Doctor Liang Bo, standing nearby, nodded with authority, his voice carrying weight. "Indeed, Jai Yuna's injury is not a fabrication," he confirmed, emphasizing the severity of the situation. "I treated her when it was just a small bruise, but it has since escalated due to neglect and overexertion."

The weight of Doctor Liang Bo's words hung heavily in the air, driving home the realization that Jai Mei had endured her injury in silence, toiling tirelessly while neglecting her own well-being.

The husbands exchanged glances, disbelief gradually yielding to the harsh reality. The truth settled upon them like an unwelcome burden, flooding their hearts with a profound sense of guilt.

They had misjudged Jai Mei, failing to comprehend the extent of her sacrifice and the pain she had borne, resulting in the toll it had taken on her health.

Just as they were grappling with this newfound understanding, a builder who had overheard the conversation, feeling compelled to speak up, knocked on the partially open door and stepped forward. Apologetic and concerned, he confirmed the truth of Jai Mei's account.

"I'm sorry for intruding, but I couldn't stay silent any longer," he admitted.

Everyone looked at him.

He looked nervous and said, "I...I witnessed the incident while carrying a clay mixture from the back of the house. Jai Mei pushed Chun Wei to shield him from a falling rock slab. The rock struck her hand, causing the bruise. She wasn't harming him; she was protecting him."

He expressed regret for not speaking up earlier due to the chaotic circumstances, acknowledging that interfering in family affairs was not seen as appropriate.

Furthermore, he offered to gather the other builders who were present to confirm the truth of his statement.

Calling out to the builders, he beckoned them to return. Those who had stayed behind, waiting to leave together, heard his call and corroborated his account, expressing sincere apologies for their delayed response.