Chapter Thirty Six: First Night In Their Newly Renovated Home

Another Update: 🫶🏾💜 For my besties.

As everyone gathered in the newly decorated home, Jai Mei, her husbands, Wei Xiaoli, her husbands Wei Ping and Wei Chan, and Doctor Liang Bo, a sense of both excitement and lingering awkwardness filled the air.

Jai Mei, perceptive as ever, understood the husbands' struggle to express their apologies and gratitude in front of everyone. Additionally, Jai Mei recognized that it wouldn't be suitable to delve into personal family matters in the presence of others.

Jai Mei "Let's bring our cooking skills together and create a feast. We can make a delicious hot pot with all our favorite ingredients. How does that sound?"

Everyone nodded and exchanged glances "Sounds like a great idea!"
They all came together, taking their assigned roles in the cooking process.

Jai Mei guides them, sharing her expertise and allowing each person to contribute their unique touch to the meal. The kitchen fills with laughter, companionship, and the enticing aromas of the ingredients.

Jai Mei says "Wei Ping, could you pass me the vegetables? I remember you mentioning that you love fresh greens in your dishes."

Wei Ping: smiling says "Of course, Jai Yuna. I appreciate you remembering."

As they cook, Jai Mei guides the husbands in selecting the freshest vegetables, succulent meats, and aromatic spices for the hot pot. The table is adorned with an array of colorful ingredients, neatly arranged for easy access.

Bowls of dipping sauces and condiments are placed strategically, inviting everyone to personalize their flavors.

Finally, the hot pot is ready. A large pot filled with simmering broth sits at the center of the table, surrounded by plates of thinly sliced meat, plump dumplings, assorted vegetables, and fresh herbs. It's a feast that embodies their diverse tastes and preferences.

They all take their seats, admiring the spread of food and refreshments before them. The atmosphere is warm and relaxed, filled with the anticipation of sharing a delicious meal and meaningful conversation.

Jai Mei raises her glass. "To this beautiful home we've built together, and to unity and understanding that grows stronger every day. Cheers!"

They all raise their glasses, toasting to the joy and unity they've found in their shared journey.

As they eat and enjoy the flavors of the hot pot, the conversation flows naturally. They talk about the little details in their rooms that Jai Mei has thoughtfully incorporated, expressing their appreciation for the personal touches she has added. They share stories, laughter, and newfound understanding, savoring not only the food but also the moments of connection and healing.

Shu Wang sniffles and wipes away his tears "I want to express my deepest gratitude and appreciation. Wife, you have shown strength and kindness that I didn't fully understand before. I am sorry for not trusting you and for not being the husband you deserve. I promise to do better."

Her husbands nodded in agreement, carrying a sense of guilt but deciding to hold off on expressing their apologies until they find the right way and time to do so.

Amidst the emotional exchange, Jai Mei, sitting next to Doctor Liang Bo, stands up intending to wipe away Shu Wang's tears and comfort him. She then jokes and says her famous line to comfort him, "Who dares to care for you huh?"

However, as she moves, a sharp pain shoots through her injured arm, causing her to wince and groan, and Wei Xiaoli, who is on her right, and Doctor Liang Bo, who is on her left, assist her in sitting back down.