Chapter Sixty Six: Scents of Understanding

As they comforted each other in bed, Jai Mei's straps slipped down her shoulders. Leaning over to place the letters on her side dresser and pick up her teacup, she inadvertently exposed more of her skin.

Shu Wang, noticing her nightgown had slipped, began to reach out, "Wife, your nightgown—"

"Oh." Jai Mei exclaimed, realizing the slip. As she went to adjust it, her hand faltered, nearly spilling her tea.

"Wang, watch out!"

"Wife, be careful!"

They managed to stabilize the cup on the tray, both checking each other for any signs of burns. "Are you okay?" they asked in unison, surprised and amused by their synchrony.

"Pfft!" They shared a laugh, the tension easing into a moment of light-hearted connection. Jai Mei rested her head against his chest, and Shu Wang leaned his head atop hers, their laughter filling the air.

As she looked up at him and he gazed down, the atmosphere shifted, time seeming to slow. Everything else faded into the background as they became acutely aware of each other.

Shu Wang felt the weight of her in his arms, noticing the straps of her nightgown slipping off her shoulders to reveal her delicate skin.

Her bare shoulders and neck became unexpectedly captivating, stirring feelings within him. This was the third time he found himself so deeply attracted in a intimate way and captivated by her appearance.

The first time was when she was sitting at the dining room table in the kitchen, peeling oranges.

The second time was during the moment they shared in front of the mirror.

And now, this third time, as they found themselves closely entwined, was just as profound.

The way his hands naturally rested on her waist emphasized how petite she was, and her soft breathing and her chest against his chest stirred feelings he had seldom experienced.

As his grip tightened slightly, he noted her slight frame under his hands and silently vowed to ensure she was well-nourished and healthy.

Observing her features—her natural hue of pink lips, dark green hair framing her face—he couldn't help but wonder what it would be like to feel her lips against his. The thought lingered, adding a building tension to the air between them.

Jai Mei gazed up into Shu Wang's eyes, her breath catching slightly at the soft, and androgynous beauty of his features. His eyelashes were long, framing his turquoise eyes that held a depth she found mesmerizing. The perfect arch of his eyebrows only added to his striking appearance.

As she observed him, the warmth of his hands on her waist sent a gentle thrill through her. She noticed the subtle movements of his Adam's apple, a sign of his quickening heartbeat, which mirrored her own increasing pulse.

His lips, looked soft and well-formed, seemed to invite her closer, and the innocent yet deeply attractive way he held her sparked a cascade of emotions within her, each one intensifying her awareness of the man so close to her.

As Jai Mei's fingers traced up Shu Wang's chest, she could feel the rhythm of his quickening breaths under her touch.
Reaching his Adam's apple, she lightly touched it, feeling the pulse thrumming beneath his skin.

Her other hand caressed his cheek and jawline, and the way his hair fell softly across his shoulders was disarmingly attractive.

Shu Wang let out a soft sound, "ungh.." a mixture of surprise and pleasure, as her touch ignited a spark within him. His hand moved up her back, resting gently in the middle, pulling her slightly closer.