29. Alexis

Walking in the door of my room after work my phone blared in my bag. No prizes for guessing who that is I thought to myself.

Hello Reaper... I answered in a less than enthusiastic tone.

Don't call me that he growled back.

Why not. Your practically a stranger to me, isn't that what everyone calls you?

It had been 6 days since we'd seen each other, and it had honestly felt like an eternity. I craved his touch, and I was pretty fucking close to telling him to bring the whole club over if it meant I got to see him, to feel his arms around me.

You know I can't help it babe. If your safety wasn't my top priority I'd be there in a heartbeat. I just can't risk being followed, you know.

Yes, yes I know, I said frustrated. We'd gone over this almost daily but I still didn't like it any more that the first time he'd told me.

What are your plans for tonight anyway babes? He asked trying to distract me from my thoughts.

Ahh you know, Friday night, thought I'd hit the town with the girls and drink myself into oblivion... I trailed off waiting for his reaction, and he didn't disappoint.

Cut the shit Alexis. Don't even joke with me... he warned and I could hear how dead serious he was in his voice.

Chill, Reaper... I emphasized his gang name knowing how it annoyed him. I'm  joking. I'll just be home as usual, probably all alone...

It was true. Aside from work, I'd spent most of the past week at home alone. Charlie had sure picked the wrong week to be busy, and even when she was home she was acting really weird, spending most of the time locked in her room. Something was definitely going on with her but she brushed me off any time I tried to talk to her about it.

I tell ya what, he said bringing me back to reality. I've got a job to do tonight, but if you want ill grab a couple of the men and swing by yours after. Just be me Tank, and the prospect from the mall so you'll kinda know them or atleast met them both before.

But I didn't care. I just wanted to see him. Yes, yes and yes I replied.

After chatting a little more he had to go so I set about tidying the apartment for guests. Once finished, I made myself presentable, heated and ate the left over stir fry from last night, and then sat twiddling my thumbs, waiting for Dom to arrive.

Just as I had given up waiting and started drifting off to sleep, a knock on the door startled me awake again.
Butterflies flew in my stomach as I thought about the handsome biker standing on the other side of the door, here just for me.

Bounding across the room, I was about to unbolt the chain and throw the door wide open, when something made me freeze.

Who is it? I called out.

No reply.

Standing on tip toes, I peered through the peephole, and my blood ran cold.

There was no green- eyed hunk at my door. It was my fucking nightmare. Logan fucking Peters.

Frozen to the spot, I couldn't breathe. Time felt like it stood still. There was only one way in and out of this stupid apartment and the devil himself was guarding it.

Another knock.

Charlie are you home?

Wait, what? Why the fuck was he here for Charlie. It didn't make sense. None of it made sense. Maybe if I didn't answer sooner or later he'd go away.

Regaining control of my limbs, I slowly retreated from the door, careful not to make a sound. I was almost at my phone, when I felt my shoulder brush something. I watched in horror as Charlie's brand new pot plant teetered, and then fell to the ground with an almighty crash.

And then I heard a laugh from outside the door, pure as evil.

So, you are home...Alexis. Open the door for me, darling. I've missed you.

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.

Grabbing my phone and running to my room, slamming and locking the door behind me, I called the only person I trusted to save me.

Pick up Dominic, I silently pleaded but my call went unanswered. Pressing redial, I heard the ear splitting sound of the front door being kicked in. Maybe I'd get lucky and one of the neighbours will come to investigate...

I heard footsteps at my door, then the familiar voice I'd been so desperate to hear sounded through my phone.

Hey babe, almost done here and we'll be... I didn't let him finish.

Dominic he's fucking here, I screamed into the phone, just as my bedroom door flew open with a bang.

Hello bitch, thought you could get away from me that easy did you?

Lunging at me as I let out a terrified scream, he wrapped one hand tightly around my neck while using the other to snatch my phone from me, ending the call and throwing it against the wall.

No one to save you now bitch, and trust me I won't make the same mistakes twice. Only one of us is making it out of this room.