63. Reaper

As I got to the vehicle, the sight before me made my stomach twist into knots.

Sure, I'd seen plenty of blood and gore before. More than my fair share. That's not what bothered me. It was the sight of somebody I love hurt, unconscious, bleeding.

She was so pale, so lifeless. It scared the shit out of me.

Both the Russian men were dead, that much was obvious.

"Get a truck" I yelled as I ripped the door open, gently scooping Alexis up into my arms.

We sped down the driveway as the warehouse burst into flames behind us, courtesy of the brothers cleaning up the mess.

I could tell we were moving at speed, but the trip back to the clubhouse still felt like it took forever.

Doc was waiting for us as we pulled in. He tried to take her from me as I exited the car but there was no way I was letting go of her now I had her back.

"Well, she's one very lucky lady" Doc finally said after examining and Dealing to Lexi's wounds. "The x-rays came back clear, its all just superficial damage. But all her vitals are strange, if I didn't know better I'd say she's been given some sort of sedative drug. She's sleeping now though, her body is drained."

"How long will she be out for?" I really didn't want to fucking leave her, but I had a big problem by the name of Ivy to deal with.

A while. "Go, I'll call you when she wakes" Doc said, reading my thoughts.

Making my way towards the room where I'd left her, I was shocked to see the prospect no where in sight and the door wide open.

What the fuck...

Stalking into the room on high alert, Ivy was no where in sight. The prospect, however was sitting against the wall groaning, eyes closed, with one hand down his pants.

"The fuck happened here?" I snapped, scaring the living shit out of him. "Shit... Reaper...Sir...I..." the fool was tripping over his words.

"Spit it out!" I roared, no time to fuck around.

"She tricked me" was all he said.

That was enough for me. He was the same fucker who'd fucked up and left the clubhouse gates open not long ago.

Pulling my gun from my waistband I put a bullet in the fuckers head. The silencer muffled the sound enough I knew no one would hear. He'd failed to make the cut. His time as a Hellbound was over.

Now I had to track the bitch down. She needed to pay for what she's done. As much as I didn't want anything to do with the lying bastard right now, I called Tank.

"Ivy escaped. Track her down and bring her to me. Then there's a mess in my old room to deal with." Then I hung up, nothing more to say.

I searched everywhere I could think, but she wasn't around and nobody had seen her. I was just about to make my way back to Doc's office when I heard Grunter yelling in his office.

At first I thought maybe he was just on a phone call, but as I edged closer to the door I heard a second, female voice. I could tell the conversation happening inside was not a friendly one. Grunter sounded furious, roaring for whoever was in there to get the fuck out of the club.

The female was much quieter, so much so I couldn't make out what they were saying but just as I got to the door the female spoke my mothers name as clear as day. And I recognized the female voice instantly.

Ivy.

What the fuck would she be arguing with my father about? Why would she bring my mother up, what the fuck did she know about her?