My Boyfriend's Best Friend - Jaemin

Wiping your hands in your jeans, you clean your throat as Jaemin glances at you, letting out a chuckle.

-Are you nervous, baby? - He asks with a soft smile.

-A little bit. I hope they like me. - You say, looking at him nervously. He laughs, giving you a kiss on your forehead.

-They're gonna love you. Don't worry. Let's go. - He says, holding your hand and you nod, getting in the house.

Today is a special day because Jaemin called you to go to a gathering of his friends. He wants to introduce you since you started to date a month ago. You totally loved the idea and found it cute how he wants everybody to know he is dating. Of course you trust Jaemin with eyes closed, but just the fact that he is not afraid of showing you off is another sign of how loyal he is.

Wanting to cause a good first impression, you chose a cute dress and a light makeup. Jaemin is very easy-going, polite and gentle, reason why he has many friends. And just like his personality and beauty made you fall for him, you wanted to also be a good girlfriend to him by being friends with his friends too.

-Hello, guys! - Jaemin says and everybody looks at the door.

-Jaemin! Man! - His friends come to greet him with dabs and hugs. You wait patiently for him to introduce you, and while looking around, you see a gaze checking you out top to bottom.

-Jae! – A girl comes and suddenly jumps on Jaemin, throwing her arms above his shoulders and giving him a tight hug. – Long time no see. Urgh, I was missing you so much. – You arch an eyebrow, wondering who this girl might be.

-Lauren. Hi! – Jaemin says, unwinding her arms around his neck. - I would like to introduce you someone. This is my girlfriend. - Jaemin says, and you step closer, standing beside him with a smile.

-Oh, my gosh! So that's why you haven't been around lately, ugh? - She laughs, getting closer to you. - You are the one who stole my Jaemin's heart. I can see why. You're so pretty! You're... Rachel, right? - You glance at Jaemin, and he laughs.

-No, Lauren. This is Y/n. - Jaemin says, and she laughs again.

-Oh. My bad. Hahaha. I'm Lauren, his best friend. - She reaches out her hand, and you shake it, feeling a little unsure. Somehow you found something weird on her. - Don't worry. If you need to know something about this guy, you can ask me. I know all his secrets. - She whispers, winking at you.

-Don't exaggerate, Lauren. She knows everything about me too. - Jaemin says, pulling you closer.

-Yeah, yeah. Sure. Good that you got here now. The pizzas are almost arriving. Come on, let's sit. - Lauren says, holding Jaemin's hand and dragging him to the couch where his other friends were.

Your gaze immediately goes to their hands, starting to think that this ''best friend'' is getting a little touchy. You never wanted to be the jealous type. You want to trust him and to give him freedom in the relationship, but the way she seems so close to Jaemin made your chest a bit tight.

You follow them to the couch, and when you were about to sit beside Jaemin, Lauren did it. You froze for some seconds, wondering where to sit. Your mind just stopped working for a moment since you thought it would be obvious that you should sit next to Jaemin as you are his girlfriend and don't know anyone there.

-Come on, Y/n! Sit down! What are you looking at? - Lauren says, and you laugh nervously.

-O-Oh, yeah. Sure. - You say, sitting beside Lauren while glancing at Jaemin. Are you being childish for already miss him even if he is just some meters away from you?

-I'm so glad you came, Jae! This reminds me of when we were kids. You used to go to my house aaall the time. Do you remember? We used to play dad and mom. Hahaha. Oh, but no need to get jealous, Y/n. That was a long time ago. - Lauren says, and you smile sarcastically. ''Urgh... she is so annoying.'' You think, sighing.