Contract - Hendery

The yells inside the room were loud and scary. Even if everybody tried to focus on their respective work, the ears were attentive for each word that left the Manager's mouth. It had happened again. It wasn't the first time and won't be the last, but in any way, it always ends in the same way.

The boy and the girl leave the meeting room with their heads down. Too ashamed to look at the others as the whispers and gossips start to grow.

-It happened again. Don't they already know it's forbidden? Why doing it even so? – A girl whispers to the group of friends.

-You know it's not that simple. You can't control your heart. – The other says letting out a long sigh, feeling pity of them.

-It's about being professional. We signed a contract, right? We can't date anyone. Especially other idols. And even so, they do it and get caught in the end. For me, this is stupid. – The girl says, and you roll your eyes.

-Stupid is that rule. Why can't we date? I wanted to become an idol to show the world the music I love to do. Not about who I can date or not. – You say, and the others look at you fast in silence.

-You all knew about the rule when we started, right? That's the price to pay. Or maybe you are not saying that because of those two, but because you've already broken the rule too. – The girl says straightening her eyes at you.

Your eyes immediately deviate from them, glancing at the boy in the other side of the room. And there he was, looking at you back. You gulp, looking down and sighing.

-I'm not dating anyone, so stop saying these things out loud. Somebody can misunderstand it and I'll have problems. – You say, and the girl shrugs.

Of course you understand why these rules exist, but you never agreed to them, and the reason for that is something that is hidden down deep your heart, that you always tried to deny.

You sigh tiredly, feeling the wind blow your face, now alone at the rooftop. You hear the door opening and closing. Turning around, your heart skips a beat seeing Hendery coming out.

-I knew you would be here. – He says with a chuckle, walking towards you.

Hendery was the only one who knows about your little secret place, after he, by accident, saw you there one day. Since then, he started to visit you when he wanted to chat or to eat a snack in secret. It became a secret place for both of you.

-What can I do if I can't run away? Manager would kill me if I sneaked out. – You arch an eyebrow to him in a playful tone, and he smiles.

-He really would. Specially after what happened today. – He says and you nod, looking at the many city lights.

-Yeah... They shouldn't be together, right? – You ask, and he stay silent as his jaw clenches in a sea of thoughts.

-They shouldn't. – He answers after a few seconds. – But I would have done the same. – He says in the end, and you look at him, a little surprised.

-Would you risk it all? – You ask, and he laughs.

-I wouldn't be caught, first of all. – He jokes, and you laugh, shaking your head.

He always finds a way to lighten up the mood with his jokes. That's what you like the most on him, but not the only thing.

The weather is perfect tonight. Perfect to feel the wind, to look at the stars and to chat for hours. With him. Even though right now a comfortable silence was implanted between you. That until you feel his hand slightly touching yours.

A silly little touch that wouldn't be exaggerated to say that made your heart race. You look down at it, watching him slowly playing with your fingers, and then letting his hand on top of yours. Your gazes meet, and it feels like your heart is trying to run away from your chest.

-Hendery... we shouldn't. – You say, noticing his face getting closer to yours.

-Yeah, we probably shouldn't. – He says, and you already could feel his breathing hitting your face. His mouth was saying one thing, but his actions the exactly opposite. – But I want to.

His sudden serious eyes glancing from your eyes to your lips finally made you understand the reason about those two who got caught today. It was inevitable. You could pretend nothing was going on between you two, when, in reality, you were cheering for it to happen.

He didn't take long to come closer, giving you a peck on the lips. Your heart races by the expectation of being caught, making you two rush in actions, kissing aggressively and desperately.

Your ears were cautious with any single sound around, for you to pull away in case anyone barged in. While no one did it, your hands dig into his shoulders as his arms gripped around your waist tightly. You are really doing that. Just after what you saw this morning, but you didn't regret a single second.

You pull away breathing heavily, looking at him in the eyes. Your swollen red lips made him chuckle in a smirk.

-I hope you like playing hide and seek. – Hendery says as you smile.