Live For You - Jeno Part 2 and 3

After that day we made an oath, I felt inside me that something had changed. Or, speaking better, not that something had changed in me. It just became... more intense.

I could never let my own feelings out. I don't dare to think I have the right to feel this way, even if at the same time I agree that anyone would end up like this after seeing her so close like I do. But now I already noticed that I fell in love with her.

Waiting patiently outside, I feel gazes fitting me around the hall. The disgust in their eyes never changed, even inside the castle. The door opens suddenly drawing my attention. Y/n leaves the meeting room and I follow her in silence. Without any warning, she holds my wrist, pulling me in a hurry to the garden, where she found a place to sit, letting out a heavy sigh.

-How was it? – I ask, breaking the silence, and standing in front of her.

-The same as usual. Easy problems and difficult people. I lost the counts of how many reunions I've attended to. It seems like it won't ever end, and it's everything so stressful. – She says, looking at the horizon.

-You are doing well. Our reign is lucky to have you as our future queen. – I say, and she smiles, looking back at me.

-Sometimes I wish I could take a rest, and just not have to solve problems or to attend to dozens of reunions. – She says, reaching out her fingers to touch mine, slowly getting intertwined. She looks at me again, investigating something. – You're getting good on controlling your eyes. Before, even a single touch like this could make them shine. – She says in a warm tone, looking at my eyes. Little does she know it requires me a deep concentration in these moments. – Show them to me. – She asks.

I close my eyes, and open them again, seeing her face brighten up with a beautiful smile. Watching my eyes changing colors makes her happy even after so long. I don't know why she likes it so much, but just by being able to distract her from her bad moments is the best honor I could ever have. Her eyes keep staring at me, seeming like she has her mind somewhere else.

-What are you thinking about? - I ask, and she chuckles, looking down. Her expression makes me curious, and a smile appears unconsciously in my face. She looks back at me, but her eyes quickly run away in hesitation.

-Sometimes I image if we ran away together. - She says with a sweet smile, and I get a little surprised. - You know, somewhere where I could pick up flowers every day. Not so far from my little and cute house, there would be the sea, with the water looking like dancing crystals. - She smiles, looking back at me. - Would you like to live with me in a place like this? - She chuckles again as her cheeks get a little pink. - Just the two of us. Forever. - The way she makes me feel like I can fall apart is addicting. It's like my lungs work harder to get air.

-I would follow you until the end of the world, master. - I say, caressing her hand. - There's no place for me other than being by your side. - I've never uttered so true words in my life, but somehow, her weak smile seemed disappointed.

-Can I ask you something? - She says hesitantly, and I nod. - Do you say you would want to live with me because you really want to, or is it because of your feeling of gratitude towards your master? – Her eyes run away from mine as she asks in a low tone. She wants to know what my feelings towards her are, and she does it in the most honest way.

Slowly, I take a hand to her face, hiding a strand of hair behind her ear. Looking at me again, she scans my face, waiting for my answer. I get my face closer to hers, and she doesn't move a single millimeter away when my lips brush on hers. My heart was light as I slowly tasted her kiss. She had kissed me once when we made our kind of "pact", but it's the first time I kiss her like this, feeling her warmth in my mouth. My boldness made me take the lead this time, but I'm not sure if I should have.