Just Pretending - Johnny Part 2

A fool. That's a good definition in your opinion about yourself right now. After your great idea of accepting Johnny's help by pretending to be your boyfriend, you got in a difficult situation. Actually, it was not because he pretended to be our boyfriend, but how he did it.

You didn't know it would get to that point. You had kissed him. At that moment, it felt good. It was fun. Kissing Johnny, as if nothing bad could really happen and just enjoying that delicious adrenaline-like feeling mixed with his lips. But now, you are there, sitting in the couch, staring at the wall like a d3ad fish for 30 minutes already.

The scene of that kiss is replaying in your mind nonstop. You can't stop thinking about how the taste of that kiss was, of how his hand was caressing your legs, of how he was pulling you closer by the waist and whispering in your ear. You knew you shouldn't get too playful with Johnny. He is a popular guy who always gets all the attention, and if you start to get too close, you will be the one trapped.

Getting to work, you take a deep breath, preparing yourself to look at him again. As expected, he is already working in his table, but his eyes immediately rush to you, seeing you arriving. You greet your other workmates with a smile on your face, pretending that everything was just like it always was, but inside you could feel your heart jumping in your chest. Something ridiculous in your opinion, since you see Johnny practically every day.

-Good morning, sunshine. - You hear Johnny's voice while sitting down. His table is beside yours, and normally you liked it, but now you wished he wouldn't be so close.

-Good morning. - You answer back, starting to check the many papers on your desk. Johnny arches an eyebrow, finding something weird about your behavior.

-How was your night? Did that guy annoy you again? - He asks, looking at you while swinging on his chair.

-No. I think I'm free from him from now on. - You say, typing on your keyboard. - Sorry, I need to get these things done by the end of the day, so... I'll get going. - You stand up, leaving Johnny behind.

You avoided him as much as you could, and even so, you focus on work today was the worst. His presence is making you nervous, in a way that you are waiting for him to make a move again and kiss you like he did yesterday.

Rolling your eyes, you press the coffee machine button, taking some minutes of break. This feeling is annoying. It looks like you are a teenager girl crazy about a first kiss. And right in that moment, Johnny takes the opportunity to meet you. Seeing him coming from the office, you try to run away, but he stops at the door, crossing his arms, preventing you from leaving.

-Are you avoiding me? - He asks with a joking tone, and you scoff.

-Of course not. - You say, coming back to the coffee machine. His steps slowly get close, and your heart start to accelerate.

-Yeah, sure. - He mumbles, lowering his head until your ear. - Why are you not looking at me in the eyes the whole day then? - He asks, clearly teasing you like he always does, but this time you felt a chill going up your spine.

-I am looking at you. I'm just like every day. - You say, quickly glancing at him, but then deviating your eyes. Johnny chuckles, leaning on the corner.

-I don't think so. You are thinking about yesterday's kiss, right? - He says straight to the point, taking you by surprise.

-No. It was just a kiss. A good kiss between friends, just to help me with that guy, so, there's nothing to think about it. - You say, looking at him, and he shrugs with a smirk.

-You know it was not just a kiss. It was a great kiss. And I thought about it all night long. - He says, and your heart skips a beat.

-Maybe we stepped out of the line. We shouldn't have done that. - You say, and Johnny chuckles, standing in front of you, pinning you on the counter.

-I think we should have done that a long time ago. - His phrase almost made you melt right there. His eyes check your face out, going from your eyes to your lips, making all your senses go crazy. You put a hand on his chest, stopping him from coming forward.

-We are workmates, Johnny. We can't do this. - Your voice gets lower, almost whispering to him. He chuckles again with a husky voice.

-It's cute how you try to avoid it when you clearly want it too. - You could feel his breath hitting your face as he speaks. His nose is almost touching yours, and you couldn't hide it anymore. It was clear by your body language. Your heavy breathing, your eyes glancing at his lips, your trembling hands.

And just like that, he put down all your barriers. He was not wrong. You felt it since the first time. The chemistry between you two. And that night was just the last excuse you had to not admit what you wanted when you were together.

His face closes the gap between you. You hear the coffee machine beeping as his lips kiss yours slowly. You couldn't believe it, but you are kissing Johnny. Again. In the coffee break room. He rests his hands on the counter as you cup his face, melting in his kiss.

Everything was too good to be true, until the last meeting of the day was over, and you hear the meeting room door opening. You pull away in a gasp, quickly moving away from Johnny as the other workmates get in, taking the coffee you had prepared. You glance at Johnny before leaving the room.

Coming back to your table again, you sit down fanning yourself, trying to recover from the past moment. You could feel your face hot from shyness, and at the same time, your heart was racing in happiness. Not so long after, Johnny comes back too with a cup of coffee. He tranquilly puts the coffee down and sits down, looking around, making you curious. Seeing no one there yet, he pulls your chair, stealing a peck from your lips. You widen your eyes, pecking his lips, just to see him back to his table as if not had happened and drinking his coffee as the others enter the room, giving you a summary of your days at work from now on.