2

Pov Sage

Now Sage is 17

"Mom I'm home!" I shout.

She is cooking in the kitchen.

"Okay, now go learn economics!" she calls back.

"Maam mom Meri will be here soon for movie night," I say, hoping to get out of it.

I always have to learn from Mom.

"Meri can wait a little while, you have movie nights every Wednesday," she says.

I sigh and walk to my room. I grab my economics book and plop down on the bed. I'll start by going over my summary. The window flies open and Meri jumps in. Yes, how could he possibly go through the window? Well his bedroom window is directly across from mine. There is a large tree between our rooms that he climbs and enters my room. He plops down next to me on the bed.

"Seriously Sage still learning? You know school is out, right," he laughs.

He lies down on the bed.

"Your parents are much nicer," I sigh.

He looks at me with a 'are you serious' look. His green eyes sparkle as soon as he bursts into laughter.

"My parents are always arguing, what better way to call it," he laughs.

"Well, ehh," I try, but I don't really know an answer so I close my mouth again.

"But Sage, we're not going to do this now. It's Wednesday, isn't it," he says and throws my economics book off the bed.

When I go to grab it, Meri pulls me against her. I chuckle and try to get out of his grasp.

"No Sage, we're going to watch a movie," he says and picks me up.

He throws me over his shoulder and walks downstairs. At first I tried to break free, but I soon discovered that it was pointless, since Meri is much stronger than me.

We walk into the living room. My mother is still busy cooking.

"Hi Meri, hi Sage. Sage has already taught you economics," she says warningly.

Before I can answer Meri says "yes, ma'am, I just quizzed her and she knew everything. If you don't mind, we are now going to do our planned movie night."

I wait a bit for her reaction, but she can never get angry with Meri, so she nods and goes back to cooking.

Meri is already wearing his sweatpants and hoodie. He puts me on the ground.

"I still have to get changed, son," I laugh.

"Then say that immediately," he sighs and throws me over his shoulder again and we walk upstairs again.

I chuckle and shake my head laughing.

He puts me back in my room. He sits down on the bed.

"Go ahead," he grins.

"Close your eyes," I say, laughing.

"Hey, I've actually seen it before," he says, grinning.

I blush slightly.

"Close your eyes Meri," I say again.

He sighs and finally closes his eyes. I put on my pajamas. It's blue checked shorts and a black t-shirt.

"Meri!" I shout as he grins at me.

I playfully push his shoulder.

"Well, that hurt too," he says in mock insult and rubs his arm as if it hurts a lot.

I chuckle and he starts laughing too.

"Are we going to watch a movie now?" he laughs.

I nod. We walk downstairs and sit on the couch. I turn on Netflix.

"Which movie?" Meri asks.

"Uhhhm Escape plan?" I ask.

Meri nods and I turn on the movie.

"Well, Sage, I better lie down," he chuckles.

He pushes me back a bit on the corner sofa. He lies down on my stomach and wraps his arms around my waist. My mother brings a tray of M&Ms and chips, smiling. I smile back gratefully and Meri immediately grabs a handful of M&Ms from the bowl.

He lies back down and throws one in the air, hoping to catch it with his mouth, which usually works. I never really, but hey.

He throws one in the air. I catch it and quickly put it in my mouth. I look with a satisfied smile at Meri who shakes his head and laughs. He starts tickling me and I thrash in all directions. I'm screaming with laughter. Meri also laughs and continues to tickle her happily.

**

Don't forget to vote

709 words