40

Pov Sage

"Urgh, I really don't look good," Meri grunts as he looks in the mirror of my bathroom. "Well, it hasn't cracked yet, so it's probably not too bad," I chuckled. "Ha ha ha funny Sage" he mumbles. "Grumpy monkey" I say and roll my eyes. I walk to my room and plop down on the gray chair in the corner of the room. "Sage" I hear Meri say. I grab a blanket and throw it all over me. "Peek-a-boo" Meri says with a happy face. A failed attempt to cheer me up. My mind has been on Fox all day. Meri sighs. He picks me up and sits down himself. He pulls me onto his lap. "Tell me," he says and puts the blanket over us. "Fox" I say. "Please ignore him," Meri says. "I try," I sigh. "Listen Sage. You are the nicest, most beautiful, sweetest girl I know and so on. He just wants to use you. The fact that he is your ex doesn't matter to him" Meri says and brushes a stray piece of hair away from my face. I smile weakly and lay my head down on his chest. I listen to his heart. Just the sound of how it beats. It's quite soothing as everyone always says. Meri wraps his arms around me and presses a kiss to my hair.

I never told anyone the real story of what happened to Fox and me. Meri herself doesn't know. He knows a lot, but not everything. should I tell him? Yes, I just do it. "Meri?" I start softly. "Hmm" he mumbles. "I didn't tell you everything," I say. He looks at me questioningly. "You know Fox cheated on me after he broke up with me. That didn't end when he moved to America... he kept trying to make contact. He didn't stop. That was why I bought a new phone back then. So he no longer had my number." When I think about how everything went, a shiver goes over me. "You could have told me that," says Meri. I shrug. A tear rolls down my cheek. "Shht doesn't matter. He really needs to keep his dirty, dirty paws away from you," Meri growls more to herself than to me. He wipes away my tears with his thumbs. "Hey, calm down," he says sweetly and presses a kiss to my forehead. "He's just jealous," says Meri. "On what" I asked. "On me. He wanted to be your best friend, but I already am, so he'll just fuck off back to America," Meri chuckles.

You know those moments when you're actually angry or sad and your best friend still makes you laugh? Well, that's what happened here, so to speak. I laugh softly. "She still laughs. The miracles are not out of the world yet" Meri laughs and raises his arms in the air. I shake my head laughing and then drop it back onto his chest. He laughs and puts his arms around me again. I yawn. I'm actually quite tired today. I close my eyes. "Sleep well Sage," Meri says and presses a kiss to my temple and pulls the blanket a little higher over us. Not much later I fall into a deep sleep.

I was sleeping wonderfully. About cheese biscuits. Independent doorbells. And other random things until I am suddenly disturbed from my wonderful sleep that I wanted to stay in for a while to continue sleeping. Wow that made a lot of sense Sage...good thing. Well, you might be wondering. Sage how did you get disturbed from your wonderful sleep?! My mother... "FOOD!!!".

**

Don't forget to vote

609 words